Low cost chinese shop corsets vs regular cost

• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
12 years 6 months ago #35415 by millkins
First of all I am sorry for being absent for so long, but honestly I had nothing bright to say :) mood was kind of gray. Kiss for everyone :kiss: missed ya :kiss:

I was browsing through one of my favorite low cost Chinese sites ( you must know about at least one of them, they ship everywhere for free and have really decent merchandise) AND i fond a corset I bought earlier a lot cheaper (it was only 15$ and I have paid 47$ in a local store).

Now at first I have thought NO way mine was imported from Vienna....wrong, the firm is the same so is the lining (that is where you see all fine works of the machine). And this has happened a lot since, because I have compared some corsets on Chinese and European sites and the are the same (well except the price) Not naming the sites because I dunno if I can do that here would it be considered advertising so if you want them just tell me.

So my question is this, if they are the same why such heavy pricing :( Also a lot of my friends thinks that in order to dress gothy you need a lot of money (well maybe they are not too bright but they really are good people and I love them :D), so maybe it is a general opinion? :unsure:

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #35416 by black_magnolia
Great to see you back! :)

Anyway, yes, I've seen these \"Chinese corsets\" being sold here too (I don't think people will think this is advertising, but here's a link so that people know about what I'm talking and the prices www.korzeti-gothic.com/ ), naturally also for double the price then if you buy them directly from China. It's just the fact that people want to make profit. (Especially here people still aren't used to internet shopping, so most are dependant on such shops and don't have alternative options of which they are aware of.)

I wouldn't even consider these \"corsets\" real corsets. They are just fancy tops with a bit of extra boning. Much cheaper option then getting a real corset and if you just want to wear it a few times to a club, then it's ok. Let people buy them if they like them.

I think they are ok. You get the quality you pay for (talking about the cheap prices, not what they ask here) :silly: you can always get such a cheap corset and then customize it to your liking if you're not really good with sewing.

A gothic wardrobe is expensive if you take in account how usually goths like expensive materials like brocade etc. so you will have to pay more then if you sported a t-shirt and jeans style, but it doesn't mean that you must spend a fortune on cloths to be goth or that you have to exclusively shop at only goth shops - that's ridiculous! On the contrary, I think goth has a lot of a DIY approach to fashion.

If you have taste and a good sense for shopping, you can have a proper goth wardrobe with a small amount of money. I know goths who spend a lot of money on cloths but still manage to end up looking horridly cheap. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35417 by firensia
I have purchased corsets from China before. I find them to be severely lacking in quality though. The plastic bones are much too bendy and the material is just mediocre in my opinion. They fall apart after wearing them a couple times. Unfortunately, where I live, we don't have any corset shops. The closest I get is the clubwear unboned lace up tops that seem to pop up whenever it's fashionable so I can't comment on store quality. As a general rule, \"goth\" clothes are always more expensive due to the fact that alternative brands are more specialty rather than mass produced in a sweatshop. There are ways around it if you know how to DIY or buy secondhand. I do go shopping at normal stores sometimes and I do find some nice things that suit my style so I don't think it's necessarily true that you need a lot of money to dress goth. I am more of the opinion that the goth makes the clothes rather than the other way around so I just buy things I like and dress them up with some nice accessories.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #35448 by millkins
Well that is where I am confused, I have bought here the same as this one www.tinydeal.com/floral-print-strapless-...b-43332-p-34877.html and the quality is ok, I mean I wear it only once a week so I am guessing that is very important to mention.
I love the way I can bend a little since I have a very sensitive back so I need the agility a bit.

Also I have come across www.restyle.pl/ and it is precious :) I am just waiting for them to start sending here (a friend told me that they will start after Oct 1st).

I definitely agree that we do not need a lot of money to look the way we want to :) I am currently trying to get to some custom made shirts for my corsets :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
12 years 6 months ago #35450 by firensia
millkins wrote:

Well that is where I am confused, I have bought here the same as this one www.tinydeal.com/floral-print-strapless-...b-43332-p-34877.html and the quality is ok, I mean I wear it only once a week so I am guessing that is very important to mention.
I love the way I can bend a little since I have a very sensitive back so I need the agility a bit.

Also I have come across www.restyle.pl/ and it is precious :) I am just waiting for them to start sending here (a friend told me that they will start after Oct 1st).

I definitely agree that we do not need a lot of money to look the way we want to :) I am currently trying to get to some custom made shirts for my corsets :D

I actually have this one! www.restyle.pl/product-eng-498-Black-ret...with-ornaments-.html I paid $10 on eBay for it last year and it was free shipping. It fits okay but I would recommend switching the ribbon lacing on the back for real laces instead as the ribbon started to fray quite quickly.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #35453 by millkins
Looks really nice :D I buy only bustiers because, well...I look even more flat with classic corsets em...at least with this I get some difference :D
I really want this one www.restyle.pl/product-eng-65-Black-and-...st-corsets-vest.html but it will have to wait, and I really don't think I can buy from ebay since I cant have PayPal in this idiotic country :S
But if I did I think I would need another closet :side:

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds