Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothic Bellydancing

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29296 by nwbevk
Gothic Bellydancing was created by nwbevk
I did a search and saw nothing come up under this topic, so here it is now.

I've always found that my personality and style fits with many differnt social cultures, mainly I'd have to say goth, biker, artist and geek. Love my goth clothing and decore and most of my mentality is more gothy, can't wait to have my own motorcycle, and I believe any of us that dress up and attend renaissance festivals regularly fall into the rather expanse geek category. The artist part of me tries to draw, but can't to save my life, but dancing... I live for the dancing.

So finally into the point that goes with the topic, have any of you seen this new merge of gothic and bellydance? I first learned of the combination through YouTube. I love watching the bellydance videos for inspiration on everything from moves, to music, to costume. Some of this gothic bellydance is so amazing, I fall in love with the idea more and more. What do you all think of it? Does anyone here do it? Besides soonly me? (:

Just sent this link of it to my sis (who's the vamp fan in the family), figured I'd add it here to. ^__^

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29315 by black_magnolia
I know about it for ages! XD
One of my best friends is a modern contemporary and fire dancer. She uses gothic imaginary&music and belly-dancing in her performances. :)
I've also had belly-dance classes so at least I also know how to dance, but I'd have to lose some more weight to also look so aesthetically pleasing like most belly-dancers. :P :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30073 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Gothic Bellydancing
I too have heard about it. I think it's an excellent way to get in shape and have fun while still being gothic. There are DVDs about too for people who can't get to a studio to learn. I plan on signing up for classes sometime soon. The costumes are beautiful and I love the whole atmosphere of the dancing. Beautiful and yet mysterious.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
13 years 2 months ago #30317 by Zilknitha
Replied by Zilknitha on topic Re: Gothic Bellydancing
Ohhh, i hadn't heard about this but seeing the vid you put up it kinda fits. Reminds me of work be an artist group called \"Sharmanka\". I contact juggle...not well but i'm learning fast and i'm into my circus skills. Still want to learn to ride a unicycle. It's a really beautiful from of dance, from what i've seen on the vid. It's so haunting

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #35485 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Gothic Bellydancing
Recently discovered this beautiful gothic bellydancer called Foroogh. She's amazing! Here's a link to her YouTube channel for those of you who are interested: www.youtube.com/user/Mahafsoun

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by firensia.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35491 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Gothic Bellydancing
firensia wrote:

Recently discovered this beautiful gothic bellydancer called Foroogh. She's amazing! Here's a link to her YouTube channel for those of you who are interested: www.youtube.com/user/Mahafsoun

:ohmy: I *actually* found that amazing to watch - Loved it! Shame I do not have the body type for bellydancing! :S

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds