Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Hot Topic clothing

More
13 years 3 months ago #29180 by xXzetsumeiXx
Is anyone else a little disappointed in hot Topic? Just four years ago I went in there and could look around at all the great clothes and cute little skelanimals and hear rock music playing everywhere :laugh: ...but now it kind of sucks. I can't find anything there, anyone else noticed? :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29183 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Hot Topic clothing
Yes, sadly, I've noticed to. Closest one to me used to have beautiful goth dresses and corsets. Not any more. Can't even find the Gothic Beauty magazine in there lately. Rarely buy anything from there these days, and not because I can't afford it. Haven't checked their website in awhile to see if they still have the same stuff they used to, or if the whole company is going down hill.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29184 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hot Topic clothing
My US auntie used to direct me to their site (we don't have them in the UK) so she could do my birthday and Christmas shopping.

I recall I used to be able to find the odd items of clothing which I liked (generally, from what I've browsed through online, it was never really my style anyway as most stuff is quite, er. Normal?) but these days, I have noticed that nothing catches my eye anymore, even after I've browsed the whole site.

It's a similar story with the local alternative shops here. Used to have tons of pretty, gothic items. Now it's all horrible, weirdly scene hoodies and t-shirts. The basement of one shop used to be a gothic haven, with trenchcoats a-plenty and gorgeous dresses..But that's all been cleared out for collections of skater hats and shoes...Pleh.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29198 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Hot Topic clothing
We don't have them in Canada either, as far as I know at least. But with a name like that, I'm not surprised that they'd carry whatever is the hot topic in pop culture at the moment. I just took a brief look at their website... some of the dresses are pretty, but nothing struck me as being really unusual.

I do remember them being mentioned on South Park several months ago. There were a bunch of Twilight-y vampire kids, and the original goths were getting pissed off at being lumped in with them. It ended with a fire, if I remember correctly...

More
13 years 3 months ago #29203 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

We don't have them in Canada either, as far as I know at least. But with a name like that, I'm not surprised that they'd carry whatever is the hot topic in pop culture at the moment. I just took a brief look at their website... some of the dresses are pretty, but nothing struck me as being really unusual.

I do remember them being mentioned on South Park several months ago. There were a bunch of Twilight-y vampire kids, and the original goths were getting pissed off at being lumped in with them. It ended with a fire, if I remember correctly...

I watched that episode a month ago or something, we are always behind with the episodes. Yep, it ended with a burned Hot Topic shop. :silly:

We also don't have those here, it's a US thing I assume. I think they don't even have international shipping, doesn't really matter either way.

Glancing at their website, I'd say they are more generated to the skater, rock, emo teen style. A goth may still find something there if they don't have any other options, so better having them in town then nothing. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29474 by xXzetsumeiXx
Replied by xXzetsumeiXx on topic Re: Hot Topic clothing
I didn't know they didn't have international shipping, that's kind of odd... oh well, it's not really worth the trouble these days. Some of their older stuff is still sold online, but it's a real pain in the butt to find now :S
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by black_magnolia. Reason: removed malfunctioning quote

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds