Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

How's the Goth/Punk movement in your Town/City

More
13 years 6 months ago #25862 by snow.wulf
I don't really like separating people into \"scenes\" or groups, but I have been noticing a new trend here. What most people here call \"Wiggers\" or \"Gangstas\" (usually white people who think/act like they are black (no offense meant to anyone!) You know...pants down around their knees with their boxers showing, huge tacky-coloured hoodie..anyways, I have noticed that they have been becoming more dark and gothic. wearing chains, gothic-looking jewelry...I'm of mixed emotions on this :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25868 by Izcoatl
snow.wulf wrote:

I don't really like separating people into \"scenes\" or groups, but I have been noticing a new trend here. What most people here call \"Wiggers\" or \"Gangstas\" (usually white people who think/act like they are black (no offense meant to anyone!) You know...pants down around their knees with their boxers showing, huge tacky-coloured hoodie..anyways, I have noticed that they have been becoming more dark and gothic. wearing chains, gothic-looking jewelry...I'm of mixed emotions on this :P

hahahaha a very bizarre idea come to my mind, if you can take a photo of one of those \"wiggers\" with Goth tendency and upload it here please
hahaha

Very very bizarre idea

Fire doesn't clean, it Blackens

More
13 years 6 months ago #25869 by snow.wulf
I think it's because they are secretly jealous of our Gothic awesomeness! :laugh:

More
13 years 6 months ago #25870 by Envy
Izcoatl wrote:

snow.wulf wrote:

hahahaha a very bizarre idea come to my mind, if you can take a photo of one of those \"wiggers\" with Goth tendency and upload it here please
hahaha

Very very bizarre idea

That's similar to 'scene' here..'Scene' kids follow..Basically *all* of the trends that are going on, i.e. 'fitting into every crowd' they can.

I've heard of that term used before, but around here, what you would call a 'Wigger', we would probably call a 'Chav'. There are a few differences, but it's practically along the same lines.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25871 by Izcoatl
snow.wulf wrote:

I think it's because they are secretly jealous of our Gothic awesomeness! :laugh:

100x Supported :)

Fire doesn't clean, it Blackens

More
13 years 6 months ago #25880 by Kuroboshi
I'd say it was very little.

According to a friend of mine, there was a bigger goth scene within my town some time ago, yet they are all practically gone. Even some of the stores which supplied the more gothic items have now become more mainstream.

I'll get comments randomly based upon what I am wearing, most often I'll be called \"Marilyn Manson\" whilst in my trenchcoat. Or people will assume I hate my parents or something so this is my way at getting back at them.

I dislike how they dress but I don't bring it up anyway, no sense wasting the energy. Plus it is rare.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds