Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

How's the Goth/Punk movement in your Town/City

More
13 years 3 months ago #28210 by metaller
well actually near my town there is something I like do call a little miracle. a disco called Tempo DJ that has a metal room and a house room together. it's a miracle because the metalheads and those that listen to house music always \"fight\" each other, there isn't a real conflict, just some random fights but it isn't normal that a lot of people from both sides can go in the same place without a little fight. but they seem to tollerate each other in there... I need to study this thing to understand why. Because in almost every other place the atmosphere starts to become really unsafe in the same situation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28571 by scootiebee
xXzetsumeiXx wrote:

Goth in my town is dying!!!! :S I'm in America, about an hour away from DC, and EVERYTHING I see has been maintreamed T.T I'm one of the ... maybe three 'goths' in my school, and it's not fair. I know a LOT of people that want to be more goth, but they don't have the money to buy stuff online...we need more good stores nearby with slightly cheaper merchandise.

Hey, I am also less than an hour from DC. I don't see a lot of goth in the local schools (but I am way older than school age). My daughter is the gothiest thing at her school, and she is a perky goth type (but she is only 10).

I get a remarkable lot of my clothes from Target, H&M and the like. Very inexpensive, but added lace, nicer buttons, etc., really can change the whole look. You don't need special equipment, just a needle and button thread for buttons, and you can even get iron-on tape to add trims, lace, ribbons, etc. You don't even have to know how to sew! :) Good luck!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28587 by Envy
I've probably mentioned before, but whenever I'm online and I find 'gothic' clothing pieces that I like but are way too overpriced for what they are, I just find as many pictures of the item from different angles as I can, and then see if I can modify things to create the same look/garment.

The plan is that I'd eventually learn to sew and can just do my own take on gothic clothing items. Would save me a lot of money in the long-run and everything would be made to my own measurements, which solves another problem of mine.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28814 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Yeah, I modify my clothes as well as sew my own (though each piece i've done so far has an interesting story behind it).

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 1 month ago #30719 by firensia
My city has a few smaller concert venues where a lot of metal and gothic bands play gigs. Unfortunately, we don't have any goth clubs. We do have gothic clothing stores though.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
13 years 1 month ago #30726 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I discovered a goth club a few weeks back...I realised why I never noticed it before: I was underage. I shall certainly be going there sometime soon. :)

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds