Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Steampunk

More
14 years 2 months ago #14936 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Steam Punk
I too appreciate the steampunk asthetic but am more at home with the classic victorian look. Although I have incorperated a few steampunk items into my regular wear . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14947 by Bpagemom
Replied by Bpagemom on topic Re:Steam Punk
I am starting to put together a steam punk outfit for the World Steam Expo coming to detroit this May. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Plus, I've chatted with a couple members of Abney Park online, and they're excited about the show. So that adds an element of cool.

"You have no power over me"

More
14 years 2 months ago #14951 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Steam Punk
Ooh, yes, I like steampunk. I have a lot of victorian clothes, but not as much steampunk, but working on it. I think my next Alchemy purchase will be one of the steampunk necklaces. I love the stuff. It is all so intricate and beautiful.

And I will be seeing Abney Park in New York in about 2 weeks, with my daughter. We are going up for the Tim Burton Ball, and they are the headline act. I can't wait to get there. I love their music too (and so does Lucy).

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14953 by Bpagemom
Replied by Bpagemom on topic Re:Steam Punk
I am VERY jealous you get to go to the Tim Burton Ball! Do enjoy!

"You have no power over me"

More
14 years 2 months ago #15088 by NIFER
Replied by NIFER on topic Re:Steam Punk
Really like this style, I'm waiting - when the clothes appear in this style, I'm sure these things will be in my dressing room! And in my house will be attended by interior decorations in the style of stim punk! :kiss:

More
14 years 2 months ago #15102 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Steam Punk
I think a big part of steampunk is making it yourself. Taking something ordinary, and adding to it to make it unique. But there are a lot of places you can buy steampunk clothes, or old-fashioned things that can be changed enough to make them steamier. check out clockworkcouture.com for a start.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds