Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Steampunk

More
14 years 2 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #14868 by Bpagemom
Replied by Bpagemom on topic Steampunk
So... about a month and a half ago, I was introduced to this Steam Punk genre. Ok... I'm 31, so I've seen the style, movies and such, but I didn't know there was an entire movement. However, I've been introduced to not only the fact there's a term for the style but also to the style of music... especially Abney Park (which I am in total love with). Any thoughts on this subculture?

"You have no power over me"
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14882 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Steam Punk
I believe it has its own beauty and brilliance and is growing rapidly, though I believe I am still stuck in the late 1700's and early 1800's....

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 2 months ago #14888 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Steam Punk
I like this style of science fiction and clothing. But from there to play the 'mad scientist Victorian' every day ... as I doubt.
In addition, the musical style seems to me \"undefined\".

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14911 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Steam Punk
I love the look of steampunk clothing etc..But it would never suit me for looks.

I mentioned it on another thread before I think..That I could only justify buying a steampunk outfit for a certain occasion and not for everyday wear.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14915 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Steam Punk
I'm not too crazy about it, personally. Some of Alchemy's steam punk items are nice, but it's not really my thing. It's just a bit too... industrial, I guess would be a good word... for my taste.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14917 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:Steam Punk
I am also a fan of Abney park! :)
I like steampunk art, fiction and films, etc. too. I don't really wear the style, but the alchemy steampunk jewellery is gorgeous, although it's way too expensive for me (the pocket watch was the coolest).

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds