Show Navigation Menu
Media

Gothic family films

More
14 years 5 months ago #8236 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gothic family films
:P I love the Addams Family! However, not so much a fan of Tim Burton-produced films - Not sure why.

Quite enjoy the Underworld movies (not sure if that'd be great 'family' viewing, but my family sure loves it) and..Would The Matrix count as gothic-ish? (I have a habit of staring at clothing in movies rather than paying attention to what's actually going on...There are gorgeous boots and outfits in Underworld and as for The Matrix? Trenchcoats. What can I say?) :kiss:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8256 by Aftermidnight
Hmm, the Matrix does have more than a hint of the whole gothic-industrial world about it. Like the nightclub in the 3rd film (I think). And the soundtrack is heavy on industrial. And as you said, trenchcoats :laugh:

More
14 years 5 months ago #8261 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Gothic family films
Well as long as we're talking about C-G movies I would say that 9 was pretty good. I didn't get to see all of it because the streaming was screwing up but I saw most of it.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8333 by Aftermidnight
SkieShauphen wrote:

Well as long as we're talking about C-G movies I would say that 9 was pretty good. I didn't get to see all of it because the streaming was screwing up but I saw most of it.

I'd like to see it as soon as it comes out in the UK. The trailer looks pretty exciting and I trust Tim Burton to deliver the goods.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8345 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Gothic family films
Zenith wrote:

I've watched the Addams family for so many times now, and it is a great family film. Other gothic family films? Tim Burton is the name which springs to mind... :)

So very true!

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds