Show Navigation Menu
Media

Literature

More
14 years 11 months ago #70 by Omega.Ankh
Literature was created by Omega.Ankh
I've been looking forward to a AG forum for quite some time. That said, somewhat related to the music topic, I pose the question:

What's good to read?

For me, Neil Gaiman's \"Sandman\" series ranks highly. I typically read science fiction / fantasy (R. A. Heinlein and R. A. Salvatore) but I'm up for anything with a valid recommendation.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #71 by hayleyrose
Replied by hayleyrose on topic Re:Literature
Sandman is very, very good. Some of Gaiman's other work is interesting too. HP Lovecraft would certainly be on my list of authors to delve into.

More
14 years 11 months ago #73 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Literature
Neil Gaiman really is good; \"Neverwhere\" is worth reading. I haven't read Sandman though. He's done a few with Terry Pratchett that are good.
Having watched \"Interview with the Vampire\" I'm starting Anne Rice's novels next, any opinions on those?

More
14 years 11 months ago #74 by hayleyrose
Replied by hayleyrose on topic Re:Literature
'Interview' I didnt really like so much, but the following novels seemed to be much better.

More
14 years 11 months ago #79 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Literature
I'll admit I got \"Interview\" because the cover was really good... But with your recommendation I won't be put off the others if it isn't so good.

More
14 years 11 months ago #80 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Literature
Personally, I've been getting into the classic monster tales. After seeing so many movies arise over the years it's interesting to read Bram Stoker's Dracula or Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and see how far the story has moved away in our era from the original telling.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds