Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favorite instrument

More
14 years 2 months ago #13531 by EmmaLee28
Replied by EmmaLee28 on topic Re:Favorite instrument
Hmm thanks for the opinions! I guess it's pertty unanimous isn't it:P
I think that if you want to learn an instrument, the time is made almost by itself - you need to be committed though. I only started playing the cello a year and a few months ago; I'm a full time student, I have a job, and I also followed by brother around for his basketball games (I can proudly say that I did not miss a single one:)), and i still managed to learn...

I'm only wearing black until they invent something darker :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13750 by NIFER
Replied by NIFER on topic Re:Favorite instrument
I do not play any instruments, but I like to listen to the violin and accordion!

More
14 years 2 months ago #13752 by EmmaLee28
Replied by EmmaLee28 on topic Re:Favorite instrument
Hmm do you listen to Korpiklaani then? They have both :)

I'm only wearing black until they invent something darker :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #13822 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Well, I play the guitar and my best friend is teaching me to play the drums but my favourite instrument would have to be the sitar. I love the sound!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 2 months ago #14109 by Kitessa76
Replied by Kitessa76 on topic Re:Favorite instrument
Being a violinist, I would have to say that my favourite instrument is:

The violin! (Not that I'm biased or anything...)

It is such a versatile instrument. It can be used for classical, rock, folk, goth and I've even heard it in the metal genres. It stands out and can hold it's own as either a group instrument, large or small (full symphony orchestras to duets) or as a solo instrument. The violin has been said to be the only instrument that 'rivals the human voice.' Unfortunately I can't remember where I heard that...

I have been playing it for 26 years, and to get to the higher levels it takes an enormous amount of work and committment. I have often found myself having a love/hate relationship with my instrument, but when you can pull off that really difficult piece and play it to a standard you're happy with, it can feel like the instrument is a partner in your performance, rather than something you command. And in my case, that tends to create quite a bond between my instrument and myself.

If I wasn't a violinist, I'd love to try my hand at percussion. Or the oboe. Or the 'cello.

I'm glad to see no one here has said their favourite instrument is the viola ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #15232 by Kha
Everyone's got one, at the very least. Even if you're not musically inclined, I'm sure everyone has a favorite instrument that means something to them or allows their emotion to be projected through it.

For instance, I sing. I sing my damn heart out! I'm not all that good at it, but I can put emotion into it and love singing because I can do it anywhere and don't need any components to do so. It's such a complicated thing, for it being so simple.

What's your instrument?

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds