Show Navigation Menu
Media

Is goth music more then just metal?

More
14 years 7 months ago #3406 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Metal or...
Aftermidnight wrote:

I think gothic music should be wilfully alternative as well. Gothic is an alternative subculture anyway, and the music should and often does reflect that. Hence, I wouldn't call Evanescence a gothic band, though they are influenced by goth metal. I'm not saying they should shun all success or anything, I just think that goth should be something a bit special that other people can't really understand or get into in a big way.

I feel that way about tattoos... I wanted one since I was about 8 years old. I was 18 when I got my first one, and shortly after that they became really mainstream. I mean, it's nice that there are clean shops to go to, and conventions/trade shows, etc. But on the other hand, I wish they were still a bit outside of the norm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #4133 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Metal or...
i'm metal all the way ...
but i listen to a wide range of metal...black/death/viking....you got the point..;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #4138 by natwilaniwartri
Replied by natwilaniwartri on topic Re:Metal or...
its amazing to note that there allot of different yet the say stuff

but i do like alot of different mixed stuff , with mixed hard to soft balance with in the same songs with vocals mixed in

More
14 years 5 months ago #8307 by Nox Aeterna
Replied by Nox Aeterna on topic Re:Metal or...
I also hear EBM, Dark wave, New wave, Neo classic

More
14 years 5 months ago #8348 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Metal or...
Nox Aeterna wrote:

I also hear EBM, Dark wave, New wave, Neo classic

Oh, yeaaah, I listen to a lot of Darkwave and EBM too, as well as synthpop and industrial...so, to me is much more than just metal.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #8436 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Metal or...
What kind of bands are neo-classic? I know there's neo-classical metal but I'm even sure on what that is exactly.

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds