Show Navigation Menu
Media

Music

More
14 years 7 months ago #1115 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Best Bands
He has actually done some really good covers. The aforementioned, then Tainted Love as well. I like it when bands cover a song but in another style; usually pop songs into heavier styles. That way it sheds new light on the song, and the covering artist has to actually put some thought into translating the song. Type O Negative's version of Summer Breeze is really good; better than their Black Sabbath covers. It can work the other way of course, Johnny Cash's version of Hurt is really good, even if the original Nine Inch Nails song is better. But that's only because it's so heart-wrenchingly depressingly powerful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1135 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Best Bands
re: Hurt - heart-wrenching is right! The Nine Inch Nails version is very powerful as is, but Johnny Cash adds a really plaintive quality to it. Especially if you watch his video for it.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1247 by Morwen
Replied by Morwen on topic Re:Best Bands
Children Of Bodom, Kataklysm, Hypocrisy, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow... Mostly Death & Melodic Death Metal. Is there anyone from Croatia?

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #1248 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Best Bands
The Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, The Awakening, Faun, Untoten, Nox Arcana etc....

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1249 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Best Bands
Slayer002 wrote:

that clip you mean is from bye bye beautiful and it isn't a good clip(though i don't think that song is bad)

but hopefully we don't get a discussion here about nightwish and how bad the new singer is(no offence to anyone) but i've spend enough time on the internet to see where that's going: an endless discussion where everyone agrees...

Yes Nightwish has been thrashed quite enough on the other worthless forums enough to last centuries. :ohmy:

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 7 months ago #1255 by evig-elske
Replied by evig-elske on topic Re:Best Bands
I only like a couple of songs by Manson. The cover of Tainted love and Sweet dreams, but also Para noir, Long hard road out of hell and Tourniquet... A few others but eh

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds