Show Navigation Menu
Media

The Pretty Reckless!

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #31383 by Paul
The Pretty Reckless! was created by Paul
Has anyone heard of, or likes The Pretty Reckless?

This girl rocks!!! Taylor Momsen being the lead singer has an excellent rock chick voice and a fantastic image (i'm not just saying that from a male point of view either). Their debut album Light Me Up was released last year with 50% of the tracks being really good. If you havn't heard of them it's worth checking them out. They are not a heavy rock or metal band but Taylor's goth/rock image and vocals hit the nail on the head.....and she's only 17!

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #31417 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: The Pretty Reckless!
I love this band! Only discovered them recently but I really like their music. Taylor actually has a really good voice. I would say that they're a rock band, not metal, but Taylor's style is really nice. I'd like to steal her wardrobe. lol Hard to believe she's the same girl who played Jenny on Gossip Girl. Drastic change of image.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #31418 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Re: The Pretty Reckless!
Wow i have a response from someone at last, someone with recognition for talent as well. I have a huge feeling that The Pretty Reckless are going to be massive if they keep along the same musice style and image. I thought you girls would probably like Taylor's clothes in her video for Just Tonight. I believe they are up for a new band award as well, in April (hopefully they'll win).

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #31426 by black_magnolia
First time I've head of them is now here on the forum.

Listened to some of their songs on youtube. They aren't bad, but nothing really special. Don't see myself listening to them regularly.

It's interesting to know that the singer acted in Gossip Girl. :silly: Pretty big image change!

I'd say they are a simple rock band and Taylor is sporting a rock look if anything. To me she obviously doesn't have any goth imaginary going on there. I think she even looks pretty out of place in those cloths in the 'Just Tonight' video; they don't really suit her in my opinion. :huh:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #31428 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: The Pretty Reckless!
Thanks for posting the vidoes, black_magnolia... I'd been meaning to look them up as I'd never heard of them either, but never got around to it.

They're not bad, but not really my style. I think her voice sounds a lot like Avril Lavigne.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #31432 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: The Pretty Reckless!
lol If anything, I think it's her eye-makeup that reminds me of Avril Lavigne. I read somewhere that Taylor is heavily influenced by bands such as The White Stripes, Nirvana and Oasis. The video for Just Tonight is my favorite one by them. I love the black dress that she's wearing in it and also, I find that the image at the end of Taylor standing on the balcony reminds me of Ian Daniels' vampire art. Don't know if anyone is familiar with Ian's Tarot Of Vampyres but Taylor looks exactly like the daughter of knives. Here's a picture:

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds