Show Navigation Menu
Media

Best of frankenstein

More
13 years 1 month ago #31334 by vampirelycanthrope13
There are tonnes of frankenstein movies, and apparently a new one in development which is set in modern day (although i personally prefer the historical gothic castle, mad georgian/victorian scientist setting).

My question is, which is your favourite movie featuring frankenstein and/or his creation?

Mine is Hammer Horror's the Curse of Frankenstein
Here's the trailer:

I am also fond of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (although i reckon the monster makeup could've been a bit better, but i liked some of the end scenes.)

And the bride of frankenstein, the movie wasn't amazing, but i love the iconic look of the bride character.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31342 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Best of frankenstein
I like the original Frankenstein that was made 80 years ago even if it is quite different from the book.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
13 years 1 month ago #31346 by black_magnolia
My favourite is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. :)

It's a bit weird how much the character of Frankenstein's Monster has been widely used in movies... :silly:

They even included the 'monster' in Van Helsing (I didn't really like that movie. They should have decided upon one monster and not bump every classic movie monster into one movie)

Do 'The Munsters' count for this thread? :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31353 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Best of frankenstein
Young Frankenstein is my fave. ^__^ Corse, it's comidy rather than the horror of origin, but will always be the greatest to me. \"would you mind telling me whos brain I Did put in\" \"Abby someone\" \"Abby who?\" \"Abby Normal\".... (: Hehehehe

More
13 years 1 month ago #31367 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Best of frankenstein
I like the Robert De Niro/Kenneth Branagh movie, but if I had to pick a favourite, I'd say the \"original\", with Boris Karloff.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #31599 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: Best of frankenstein
FINALLY !

AN EXCUSE TO SHOW OFF MY TOY :

IT'S MY FRANKEN-STEIN <get it?>

I'm not a beer drinker or a stein collector, but I saw this at a local theme park & I just had to have it !

(the pieces scattered around the stein are other Frankenstein stuff I've gathered over the years;figured I'd give them a day in the sun too)

Now movie-wise , I gotta go with the MARY SHELLY'S FRANKENSTEIN
:ohmy:
Karloff is the iconic Frankenstein; he just lived in the wrong era...

oops, almost forgot another FRANKY hanging around my house....
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by StephenG.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds