Show Navigation Menu
Media

Gigs/Concerts

More
14 years 7 months ago #2291 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:best live appearance
I'm afraid I lead a fairly sheltered life and have been to but a few concerts. I'd have to say though, that in my limited experience, Voltaire is awesome live!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2711 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Gigs
My favourite band (live, or otherwise) is Motorhead. Their shows aren't huge and flashy, but the band is always really tight. And Lemmy has such a stage presence!

A very close second is Slayer. Their stage show is pretty cool, and they're also a great live band, musically speaking.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2718 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Gigs
my first concert, when i was young, is Iron Maiden.
Very big show!!! I still lovin.

But Rammstein is a great band in concert
after Kings from England, here is the German princes...

T.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2720 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Gigs
I saw Motorhead last night, and my ears are still ringing. Best show ever! Even without Mikkey Dee (he was off doing some reality show in Sweden or something like that). They had Matt Sorum on drums. Still, excellent!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2723 by trykster
Replied by trykster on topic Re:Gigs
until now, the best gig i've been to was Koffin Kats! i ended up talking to the band, they were amazing. everyone of them was kind and caring and committed to the fans :D i even got free stuff that would have cost me a fortune!

big big concert... the best? well i have yet to praise a concert... gigs are better >:) oh no, wait! LORDI! they were amazing! they put up a whole horrorshow for us, it was beautiful! didn't get to talk to them though xD

More
14 years 7 months ago #3479 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gigs
Vivaris wrote:

Well, for the best festival I'd DEFINITELY have to say Metal Camp, hands down. It's a week long metal festival here in Slovenia, far inside the Julian Alps in a village called Tolmin. The village is literally swamped by 50,000 metalheads, it's funny to watch how in the days before the start almost every car and every person on the train is a metalhead/goth/whatever else dark :P And the villagers don't seem to mind, we don't vandalise the place and we bring in good money so they're happy to accommodate us so every shop, every bar and every restaurant in the village plays metal and everything hilariously gets a \"metal\" prefix; Metal Grill, Metal Kebab, Metal Beach, Metal Menu, etc. It's hilarious :woohoo: And the scenery is beautiful. Of course the music is awesome as well, even bands take a break from touring and come to Metal Camp, play a gig and stay for the week. There are no signing sessions or anything cause the bands just walk around, go to the beach with everyone, etc. You can see how much I love it just from the amount i wrote :D

here's a pic that prettymuch sums up the daytime activities (add the fact that these guys were pretty well drunk here)

Best gig I guess would have to be a tie between Helloween, Edguy and Disturbed. Out of the three I don't really like Helloween on cd and I've kind of outgrown Edguy as well (still love Disturbed though :P), but the first 2 are older and more experienced bands and the show they make without the giant tour budgets is just unbeatable.

I second this!!! Metal Camp is the best festival!
and for the best live band... difficult decision as I wasn't to as much gigs as I would have liked.
Iron Maiden have never disappointed me at a show, and after my friend dragged me to an U2 concert I have to give them credit for making a great show.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds