Show Navigation Menu
Media

Gigs/Concerts

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2004 by vampirelycanthrope13
What's the best gig or festival you've ever been to?
Who in your opinion is the best live band you've ever seen?
Any good gig or festival stories?
What's the last gig/concert you saw?

The best band I've seen live is green day on their current tour, the mixture of old and new songs was perfect, the band's interaction with the crowd was great and the atmosphere was great too. Plus they played for just over 2 and a half hours.
Other bands I've seen that were notably good are lacuna coil and bullet for my valentine.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #2009 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:Gigs
Well, for the best festival I'd DEFINITELY have to say Metal Camp, hands down. It's a week long metal festival here in Slovenia, far inside the Julian Alps in a village called Tolmin. The village is literally swamped by 50,000 metalheads, it's funny to watch how in the days before the start almost every car and every person on the train is a metalhead/goth/whatever else dark :P And the villagers don't seem to mind, we don't vandalise the place and we bring in good money so they're happy to accommodate us so every shop, every bar and every restaurant in the village plays metal and everything hilariously gets a \"metal\" prefix; Metal Grill, Metal Kebab, Metal Beach, Metal Menu, etc. It's hilarious :woohoo: And the scenery is beautiful. Of course the music is awesome as well, even bands take a break from touring and come to Metal Camp, play a gig and stay for the week. There are no signing sessions or anything cause the bands just walk around, go to the beach with everyone, etc. You can see how much I love it just from the amount i wrote :D

here's a pic that prettymuch sums up the daytime activities (add the fact that these guys were pretty well drunk here)

Best gig I guess would have to be a tie between Helloween, Edguy and Disturbed. Out of the three I don't really like Helloween on cd and I've kind of outgrown Edguy as well (still love Disturbed though :P), but the first 2 are older and more experienced bands and the show they make without the giant tour budgets is just unbeatable.

The dream is alive...

More
14 years 6 months ago #2016 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Gigs
Live performance: Danzig (How the Gods Kill tour) 1992
Most recent: The Awakening touring US right now.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 6 months ago #2137 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Gigs
Personally I did not do a lot together (I leave my convent ...)
But two festival this year :
« Trolls et légendes » in Mons in Belgium (where there was Omnia) « Gothic Festival » in Waregem also in Belgium (where there were Ashbury Heights)
deus these were great festival!

More
14 years 6 months ago #2243 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic best live appearance
good morning guys ....
i'm looking forward to knowing what bands do you think , perform very well live. as far as i could tell , i think that eluvietie was amazing live....they sure did know how to make the crowd go wild and have fun :D

More
14 years 6 months ago #2244 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Gigs
my favorite gig would have to be the voodoo tour that was held in NOLA (new orleans). hope it's okay if i borrow that knumpcy. :P my sister and i stayed there for a week for the two day long show. TOOL was the headlining band that year. to me it had to be one of the best shows ever.:)

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds