Show Navigation Menu
Media

Nightwish

More
11 years 5 months ago #38694 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Nightwish
Just announced today on Nightwish's official site:

\"Press Statement
Another chapter of the Nightwish story has ended today. Nightwish and Anette Olzon have decided to part company, in mutual understanding, for the good of all parties involved.

In recent times it has become increasingly obvious that the direction and the needs of the band were in conflict, and this has led to a division from which we cannot recover.

Nightwish has no intention of cancelling any upcoming shows, and as a result we have decided to bring in a substitute vocalist starting in Seattle 1.10.2012. Her name is Floor Jansen from The Netherlands (ex-After Forever, ReVamp), and she has graciously stepped in to help us complete the Imaginaerum world tour.

We are all strongly committed to this journey, this vehicle of spirit, and we are sure that this will lead to a brighter future for everyone.
We forever remain excited about the adventures to come, and we are extremely proud of the two beautiful albums and the wonderful shows we shared together.

- NIGHTWISH & Anette Olzon\"

What do you guys think?

I'm pretty happy they split as I never totally liked how Anette fit in with the band, so yay! :)

Floor is a much better singer in my opinion, and although they stressed that she's only going to finish the tour with them, I wouldn't be surprised she stays on board... :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #38699 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Nightwish
All I can say is: YES! :whistle:

More
11 years 5 months ago #38700 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re: Nightwish
Never really heard too much of anette's singing but i'm excited to hear how NIghtwish will sound with Floor. I've never heard any of her work so it should be rather interesting. :)

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #38707 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Nightwish
I was just about to post about this then I realized black_magnolia already had. :)

I was so excited when I heard Floor was the replacement! I love her and I know that she'll deliver the powerful vocals that NW has been lacking since Tarja left/was fired. For those of you who haven't heard of Floor, she was the lead singer of Dutch symphonic metal band After Forever until 2009. Recently, she had a band called Revamp. Here are a couple songs of hers:

I hope someone will post videos of the gigs on YouTube so I'll be able to see them. Should be a really awesome show, especially since Kamelot is the opening act.

As far as NW having Floor as a permanent singer, I'm not too sure that'll happen. She already has her own band and writes her own songs so I don't know if she'd be willing to join Nightwish and have to follow Tuomas' rules. NW, After Forever and Revamp are all very different bands so I think that there would be some creative differences if Floor were to work with Nightwish musically. Creating an album is a lot different than just filling in for a singer. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by firensia.

More
11 years 5 months ago #38712 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re: Nightwish
firensia wrote:

Should be a really awesome show, especially since Kamelot is the opening act.

*fingers crossed that Kamelot come to Australia*

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
11 years 5 months ago #38727 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Nightwish
Managed to find a couple videos of Nightwish's concert in Anaheim, CA with Floor Jansen singing if anyone's interested:

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds