Show Navigation Menu
Media

Eurovision song contest

More
13 years 10 months ago #21455 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

*Facepalm* Whenever Eurovision's on, the UK is reminded that yes, no one in Europe likes us.

I think last year we were second to last? This year? Lo and behold! We came last!

When I was little, the UK won aaaall the time, haha, and now? Whoo..Hatred all around.

:woohoo:

I did love it last year when Dita made a show though. :( So envious of her body.

I think I remember that a couple of years ago even the Parliament discussed about this failure of the UK end up in a better place on the contest. The director of the BBC came forward with the statistics that showed how they spent about 110,000 pounds for the UK singer and all the preparations, while the income from the all the other related eurovision stuff was in the millions for the BBC, so that effectively shut up the Parliament about this matter...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21585 by rodica818
Im not mutch fun of \"Eurovision\", I dont like this kind of music, but this year, Roumania win the third place, and that is something : I want to thanks to all who give good points to Paula & Ovi ! :)
Attachments:

More
13 years 10 months ago #21588 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Eurovision song contest
Can't say I watch Eurovision for the music, but it's just a European thing. My little brother likes seeing weird acts anyway. :woohoo:

More
13 years 10 months ago #21608 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Can't say I watch Eurovision for the music, but it's just a European thing. My little brother likes seeing weird acts anyway. :woohoo:

Does anybody watch it for the music? :silly:
I think people are just curious to see how bad are the other countries. lol

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #21621 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Eurovision song contest
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Does anybody watch it for the music? :silly:
I think people are just curious to see how bad are the other countries. lol

Haha true. I was pretty surprised when Lordi won, to be honest. I think it was just because they had unusual outfits - And I swear Eurovision was a pop contest? Given the option, I think anyone voting would go for the more alternative types.

:P Seem to recall Spain had a pretty weird entry a few years back..A guy that looked like Borat with a toy guitar? Ring any bells? Can't remember where they came at the end of the contest, but damn, if I had voted, I would've voted for Spain that year for 100% entertaining weirdness.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21676 by Kitessa76
Every year a group of us get together and watch the Eurovision final and have a themed party here in Australia (boy did we cheer when the tv hosts mentioned Australia!) We try and bring along food native to the country hosting the contest. This can often be quite difficult, although we're quite looking forward to next year's party! Beer, beer and more beer. Bratwurst, sauerkraut (I think I spelled that wrong) etc etc...should be easy to cater for compared to this year!

We have contemplated watching the semi finals instead, as we all get a kick out of the more outrageous acts and some of the terribly out of tune singing. The general consensus amongst us all this year was that there were too many ballads that got through and not enough 'over-the-top' performances that Eurovision is quite often known for.

That said, I was quite pleased the young German girl won. I found the song quite catchy (I enjoyed Greece's entry too), her sense of pitch was sound and really liked the fact that she didn't have fake breasts, fake lips, a miniskirt up to her hips and a friggin' wind machine blowing her hair everywhere!!!

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds