Show Navigation Menu
Media

Twilight

More
14 years 7 months ago #2475 by vampirelycanthrope13
What does everybody think of the insanely popular twilight book series and the soon to be in cinemas new moon movie?

Do you love them or hate them?

Do you think that they are a great series of books, or just a soon to be short lived craze?

Most of the people i know are completely addicted to these books!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2476 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
I guess they're good for what they are...\"vampire-lite\" pseudoromance novels aimed at teen girls. My sister *LOVES* Twilight, and, being open-minded (and bedridden due to illness awhile back, with no new reading material around, lol), I gave it a chance. I don't know...it was too \"cutesy\" for me (I prefer HORROR to romance...at least, I prefer READING about horror!). But I can definitely see why alot of people like it. It's definitely more interesting than the \"Babysitters' Club\" books all the girls my age were obsessed with as teens. Just not my thing, though.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2482 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
I can understand why it's popular - forbidden love, strange love, vampires, destructive feelings... and good comersal I do believe. That's how Eragon got popular, and believe this is the same shit.

I haven't read them, but, as with janelle, my sister loves them. I believe she got both the swedish and english versions... not sure tho, I believe mom forbid her to get both. Why spend the money when you got it?
She has been talking a lot about it, so I know most things even tho I haven't read the book. I know the action isn't great... and I don't believe I'd love it, so not gonna read it. There's so much else that's so good that I'll read instead...

I don't think much of it. It's gonna wear of eventually, like Harry Potter. And like with all the other success-fantasy, I believe it's a way for the normal people to say that they also want to take part of this kind of world, but they don't want the hardcore fantasy that's pretty much the only thing available - they want something they can understand. And forbidden love can never be wrong...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #2515 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
To be honest, I have not read nor seen Twilight but many of the grils in my former classroom were hooked, so they did tell me a lot of things about it, but I did not find it that interesting, and I have the feeling I will not read it any time soon, it has too much \"syrrup\", as we say here (I couldn't find an equivalent in English for this expression, perhaps \"cheesy\" would be the word). But that's not necessarily a bad thing, it is a mainstream book (and movie) after all, if it were darker it wouldn't attract throngs of fans, as I do think it was intended. Nevertheless, I do not consider it strictly a money-machine, yet if it has artistic value, I must read it first to discover it, I cannot give a full opinion based on only what I have heard, so...is it worth reading/seeing?

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 7 months ago #2517 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
I watched twilight when I was immensely bored and it was nice, brainless entertainment. In my opinion it's good when you've had a long, arduous day and want some light entertainment, otherwise i don't really see what twilight has going for it except the emense appeal to pubescent girls, mainly created by the sexual tension between the two main characters because they can't really do it without him killing her...We'll see, maybe New Moon actually adds some depth to the story, but I doubt I'll ever invest in reading the books.

The dream is alive...

More
14 years 7 months ago #2518 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
twilight??..the very essence of crap....i'm keeping it short and simple by saying that twilight is t he most stupid movie about vampires in a loong time. no one would even care about this movie if they didn't cast such \"sexy\" actors.... :X :X :X

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds