Show Navigation Menu
Media

Evanescence

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #35837 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Evanescence
black_magnolia wrote:

Is the new album out already? Anoyne had a listen?

Anyway, I'm always amazed how that song \"Bring Me To Life\" is often used in some dance performances etc. (Been watching some German's version of 'got talent' - no idea what it's called :P and there were two acts who used that song for their performance. :silly:)

Yes, I actually heard the album stream a few days ago. I don't really like it as much as their other albums. What You Want is the best song, followed by The Other Side (both of which were released so you could probably hear them on YouTube by now). The rest are classic ballads with lots of Amy Lee's screamy agonized vocals. Nothing that we haven't heard before really. I'll be buying those two songs that I mentioned on iTunes but I'm not getting the new album. I don't like it enough to buy it at this point.

Also, Evanescence recently performed at Rock In Rio. They included a bunch of their new songs in their set. Here's the link:

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by firensia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35851 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Evanescence
ha, I wasn't even going to bother about listening to it :P - that's the reason I'm asking, just to see if all these years they spent on it ment they produced something good. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35876 by notice_the_blinking
Replied by notice_the_blinking on topic Re: Evanescence
For those who care, you can hear the new album on Kerrang's website, K.com or whatever it is, now. Oh joy. Personally I got better stuff to spend my precious and expensive bandwidth on.

Through the darkness of future past;
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire walk with me

More
12 years 5 months ago #35892 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Evanescence
I've only heard the first one so far, What You Want. It's OK... better than I had expected, considering I read that Amy wanted to take the band in a more dance/electronic direction. I may pick up the album, if I see it cheap somewhere... buy most of my CDs second hand anyway.

More
12 years 5 months ago #35910 by notice_the_blinking
Replied by notice_the_blinking on topic Re: Evanescence
Morgana wrote:

I've only heard the first one so far, What You Want. It's OK... better than I had expected, considering I read that Amy wanted to take the band in a more dance/electronic direction.

Oh really? That makes me sad. I never got intensely into the band but I always appreciated them I guess. I'm so tired of all this dance crap, its essentially the new pop so its EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME! And everyone seems to be going that way because of it. Personally I blame Lady Gaga. 'The Age of Gaga', haha, I don't think Ben Elton knew his own prediction when he wrote \"Killer Queen\"

Through the darkness of future past;
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire walk with me

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #35942 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Evanescence
notice_the_blinking wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I've only heard the first one so far, What You Want. It's OK... better than I had expected, considering I read that Amy wanted to take the band in a more dance/electronic direction.

Oh really? That makes me sad. I never got intensely into the band but I always appreciated them I guess. I'm so tired of all this dance crap, its essentially the new pop so its EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME! And everyone seems to be going that way because of it. Personally I blame Lady Gaga. 'The Age of Gaga', haha, I don't think Ben Elton knew his own prediction when he wrote \"Killer Queen\"

It's actually not all that electro/dance. The electronic effects were actually done by a member of Nine Inch Nails (can't remember his name But I'm sure he knows who he is :) ). I wouldn't consider it pop. I can't stand Pop music. It all sounds the same to me like hearing the same chord progressions and melodies ten thousand times over... Thank goodness there's metal. However, it seems that over the years that Evanescence has been gone, my ears have become sensitive to Amy's screaming high vocals. Perhaps that's why I can't enjoy this album as much.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by firensia.

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds