Show Navigation Menu
Media

Evanescence

More
12 years 7 months ago #34749 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Evanescence
Paul wrote:

I'm a big fan of Evanescence and i can't wait for their new album in a few weeks time. The Pretty Reckless are also a strong favourite of mine, but i am interested to see which direction their second album will take, i'm hopeing for something slightly heavier/rockier/darker. As i mentioned above about being a big Evanescence fan, this actually put me off listening/buying the debut album from We Are The Fallen (original band members from Evanescence, how wrong was i? There has always been competition between the two bands, but their album Tear The World Down is absolutely brilliant. It kicks arse with it's heavey dark rock felt anthems, with amazing vocals from Carly. If you like Evanescence you really must hear We Are The Fallen.

oh, interesting! I wasn't keeping tabs at all how much the band members of Evanescence have changed. Who is now left from the original members? Just Amy?

I'm sure going to check out We Are The Fallen. Pretty interested now to hear how they sound. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34751 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Evanescence
black_magnolia wrote:

Paul wrote:

I'm a big fan of Evanescence and i can't wait for their new album in a few weeks time. The Pretty Reckless are also a strong favourite of mine, but i am interested to see which direction their second album will take, i'm hopeing for something slightly heavier/rockier/darker. As i mentioned above about being a big Evanescence fan, this actually put me off listening/buying the debut album from We Are The Fallen (original band members from Evanescence, how wrong was i? There has always been competition between the two bands, but their album Tear The World Down is absolutely brilliant. It kicks arse with it's heavey dark rock felt anthems, with amazing vocals from Carly. If you like Evanescence you really must hear We Are The Fallen.

oh, interesting! I wasn't keeping tabs at all how much the band members of Evanescence have changed. Who is now left from the original members? Just Amy?

I'm sure going to check out We Are The Fallen. Pretty interested now to hear how they sound. :)

@ Paul
I've always thought that We Are The Fallen were just a mediocre copy of Evanescence. Carly's sound changed dramatically after American Idol and it seems as though she was trying to copy Amy's vocals. I didn't like the song Bury Me Alive for that reason. However, Tear The World Down is indeed better than their first album.

@ black_magnolia

I believe it's just Amy that's an original band member. Besides her, their guitarist Terry Balsamo has probably been there the longest. He joined in 2003.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #35655 by Prissy
Replied by Prissy on topic Re: Evanescence
:S I'd be lying if I said I liked this band, as a matter of fact I can't stand Amy Lee, she annoy's me. It's just not my type of music I guess.

ZOSO
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Prissy.

More
12 years 5 months ago #35786 by Lilithshia
Replied by Lilithshia on topic Re: Evanescence
It is amazing !!!!!

More
12 years 5 months ago #35797 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Evanescence
Prissy wrote:

:S I'd be lying if I said I liked this band, as a matter of fact I can't stand Amy Lee, she annoy's me. It's just not my type of music I guess.

:woohoo: I'd be inclined to agree. No worries!

More
12 years 5 months ago #35829 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Evanescence
Is the new album out already? Anoyne had a listen?

Anyway, I'm always amazed how that song \"Bring Me To Life\" is often used in some dance performances etc. (Been watching some German's version of 'got talent' - no idea what it's called :P and there were two acts who used that song for their performance. :silly:)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds