Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
13 years 11 months ago #18748 by Verminaard Draconis
Morgana wrote:

What book are you in the midst of reading at the moment?

I'm about halfway through Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen, for the third or fourth time. To be followed by Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which I haven't read yet.

I fact, I'm reading blogs on witchcraft, especialy on the parenthood and how to introduce witchcraft with our childrens!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18764 by Morgana
SkieShauphen wrote:

Has anyone read the Dark Tower series by Stephen King? There are quite a few books with a lot of pages. I just don't want to start it without knowing what it's really about.

I've read the first 5, but haven't managed to get my hands on the last 2 of the series of 7 yet. I found the first one a bit draggy, but it improves from there. And you definitely have to read them in order... one book picks up where the previous one left off with no explanation or back-story, more like going from one chapter to the next.

It's not really one of SK's \"scary\" stories... more futuristic. If you like The Stand, you'd probably like this one as well (although it's been years since I read The Stand). The main character in Dark Tower reminds me quite a bit of Clint Eastwood's character in the spaghetti westerns from the 60s.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18790 by SkieShauphen
scootiebee wrote:

Re-reading the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. Just ordered the new book, and haven't read them in a long time, so getting back into it. Can't wait to get to Dead Beat (that's my favorite one in the series, so far).

I haven't read the Dark Tower series, but my husband has, and he enjoyed it. But I don't think he ever met a Stephen King book he didn't like.

I'm anxious to start on the Dresden Files some day. I've got one of the books, Turn Coat I believe. It was a gift. The series looks interesting though.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18801 by Thurysaz
Always the same things.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18808 by scootiebee
Skie, definitely also read the Dresden Files from the start. I think Turn Coat is book 11, or something. Start with Storm Front. I started re-reading them this past weekend, and I am up to book 5 now, Death Masks. Whoo hoo! Demons! The main character really evolves from that book, and while they might make sense reading them out of order, they are a lot more fun to read in order, because all the characters grow, change, etc., through the series. But I love the series. I used to have two cats, named Harry and Morgan, after two characters in the books. Harry is no longer with us, but I still have Morgan, sitting by my feet as I write this.

I actually read book 4 first, not knowing that it would have made a lot more sense to read them in order, but I quickly went back and got the first 3 books, and have been a devotee ever since.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18850 by StephenG
COMIC BOOK TATTOO>it's a graphic novel that is a collection of comics inspired by songs from TORI AMOS. would've been done with it a long time ago, but no one could find where i had hid it to bring it to me @ the hospital- i'll finish it one day

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds