Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16225 by scootiebee
I just finished reading a strange and fun little book called \"Wicked Plants: The Weed that Killed Lincoln's Mother and Other Botanical Atrocities\", about poisonous, invasive, dangerous, illegal, or otherwise nasty plants. It was fascinating and fun.

Now I am reading another book for young people (got it at my daughter's school book fair) called the Cabinet of Wonders, and it is sort of reading like a steampunk/magic/historical fiction. Very fun and interesting so far. Steampunk for kids! Wow!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16322 by Noxae
Yes...kids books have some of the best illustrations and concepts out there, I realize that too every time I look at the books my mother bought me when I was little.

Today I started reading a book named ''El Juego Del Angel'' by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. As far as I've realized by now, it's a mystery novel, a pretty well written one though.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16332 by Highwayman
On Killing The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society by Dave Grossman.
What a book!

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #16337 by octoberRust
I'm currently reading my Abnormal Psychology textbook :P

Seriously though, reading Lament and Ballad (The Books of Faerie series) by Maggie Stiefvater for the third time. They're teen books, but I love her writing style, story, and folkloric content so much that I can get past that fact :)

The autumn air thickly fills my lungs so sweetly;
Reminds me of her smoky breath.
With wine and this bouquet of maple and oak leaves,

In death or life, we'll always be.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by octoberRust.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16388 by scootiebee
I should clarify, by \"kids books\" I don't mean the 35 page picture books, but really more teenage novels. Books directed at a 10-16-year-old. I am reading the Lightning Thief right now, which I would call a \"Kids book\", if that helps. And I would love to read the abnormal psychology book. That's the sort of thing my husband would make a gift to me of. Strange, but true. He has already given me Gray's Anatomy (the medical textbook, not the inane tv series) as a gift, and we are planning a vacation trip to the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia. I love medical oddities.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16392 by Zilknitha
Cool. I'm reading The Salmon of Doubt by Douglas Adams,Equal Rights by Terry Pratchett and The Lord of the Rings....I never seem to be able to read one book at a time.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds