Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #36013 by notice_the_blinking
Kuroboshi wrote:

Read \"The Great Gatsby\" took me about 3 hours, I'm going to be needing it for college so I thought I should know the basics of it, at least (or actually enjoy reading it before analysing it).

It's an odd book, I'm fairly torn on it. I liked it but at the same time, I didn't really care for any of the characters.

I did it about four years ago, and i actually totally agree with you! For me it was the one thing I actually ended up appreciating the most about the the writing, is that despite the characters I really enjoyed it. Still not totally sure about the ending though!

Through the darkness of future past;
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire walk with me
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by notice_the_blinking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #36018 by Envy
notice_the_blinking wrote:

Kuroboshi wrote:

Read \"The Great Gatsby\" took me about 3 hours, I'm going to be needing it for college so I thought I should know the basics of it, at least (or actually enjoy reading it before analysing it).

It's an odd book, I'm fairly torn on it. I liked it but at the same time, I didn't really care for any of the characters.

I did it about four years ago, and i actually totally agree with you! For me it was the one thing I actually ended up appreciating the most about the the writing, is that despite the characters I really enjoyed it. Still not totally sure about the ending though!

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Envy.

More
12 years 5 months ago #36029 by Kuroboshi
notice_the_blinking wrote:

Kuroboshi wrote:

Warning: Spoiler!

More
12 years 5 months ago #36086 by firensia
Currently reading Those Who Hunt The Night.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 5 months ago #36313 by Kuroboshi
Currently reading \"After the Reich\"

Borrowed it off History tutor as it follows the aftermath of WW2 and, I think, some of the crimes commited against the German people that rival the acts of the Nazis.

I'll probably update as I go along as I've not long started reading.

More
12 years 5 months ago #36381 by Envy
Just started 'Inheritance' - Paolini. :silly:

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds