Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
12 years 11 months ago #32468 by Morgana
I'm still on Stephen King's Dark Tower series... almost finished book 5 of 7 now.

I bought a few more books last week though, including one called The Strain. It's a vampire novel, written by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I didn't know del Toro wrote as well, but I thought it was worth picking up. Has anyone else read it? Apparently it's the first of a trilogy, so if it's good, I'll watch for the others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #32751 by black_magnolia
I've just picked up reading \"The Armageddon Rag\" by George R. R. Martin during my studying breaks. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago #32758 by blaaa
The Methodology of Economics: Or, How Economists Explain
by Mark Blaug B)

More
12 years 10 months ago #32760 by Serpenvicis
I've finally found Brisingr by Paolini :) And I also took one book in library, \"Here, there be dragons\" by James A. Owen

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
12 years 10 months ago #32761 by Envy
Serpenvicis wrote:

I've finally found Brisingr by Paolini :) And I also took one book in library, \"Here, there be dragons\" by James A. Owen

Oh, tell me what you think of Brisingr once you've finished?

Curious to see how others react to it.

More
12 years 10 months ago #32951 by Anti-You
Morgana wrote:

I bought a few more books last week though, including one called The Strain. It's a vampire novel, written by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I didn't know del Toro wrote as well, but I thought it was worth picking up. Has anyone else read it? Apparently it's the first of a trilogy, so if it's good, I'll watch for the others.

Very good series, Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan may have taken a new twist on vampires, quite different to the modern Cliche, but theyre represented for what they really are, pure monsters. The third and final book is being released later this year, not too sure of the exact release date, but its sitting on the top of my list, right beside the fourth Inheritance book.
The Strain is a series I would highly recommend, but its a bit graphic, not for the faint hearted.

As for now, Im currently reading The Chronicles Of Vladimir Tod, the writing is aimed at a bit of a younger audience, story of a half vampire, half human going through his teenage years, but it's quite entertaining :)

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds