Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #25183 by Kuroboshi
Finished \"The Devil's Acre\"

Was a bit confusing near the end regarding a character's fate initially and I had to read back just to find out what happened to her and I'm still unclear on a few details. Overall though, it was definitely a good read for a book I picked based upon the front cover.

Going to start reading \"Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde\" which also includes other short stories by Robert Louis Stevenson, never knew he was Scottish and indeed, born in Edinburgh. Usually we would be told that sort of thing in schools here, then again, we never really did much regarding his works in school. (Treasure Island maybe once in Primary for me, I think.)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Kuroboshi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25188 by Morgana
Kuroboshi wrote:

Going to start reading \"Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde\" which also includes other short stories by Robert Louis Stevenson, never knew he was Scottish and indeed, born in Edinburgh. Usually we would be told that sort of thing in schools here, then again, we never really did much regarding his works in school. (Treasure Island maybe once in Primary for me, I think.)

My copy of Jekyll and Hyde also has other stories included (The Body-Snatcher, Markheim, and The Bottle Imp)... curious if yours has the same ones?

I actually have 2 copies of J&H... my husband and I each bought it for the other one Christmas, and we never got around to returning one of them.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25192 by Kuroboshi
I've got 5 other stories with mine. Those being: \"The Body-Snactcher\", \"A Lodging for the Night\", \"Markheim\", \"Thrawn Janet\" and \"The Misadventures of Jack Nicholson\".

More
13 years 7 months ago #25205 by black_magnolia
My copy of Jekyll and Hyde only has that story, cost me just 2.5 pounds, so I'm not complaining. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25357 by Kelaiah_
Jan Guillou - Road to Jerusalem.

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25365 by Zenith
I am re-reading Voltaire's Candid... I am going through a depressive stage right now and it really boosts my moral.
Last notable books I read recently are Nero, the bloody poet by a hungarian author whose name I cannot write correctly and Aldous Huxley's The Genious and the Goddess

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds