Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #342 by knumpcy
Currently Reading was created by knumpcy
This is just a curious as to what you are currently reading and maybe the book you just finished.

Current read: The Legend of Darklore Manor www.monolithgraphics.com/darklorebook.html

Previous read: Isabel Burning www.rawdogscreaming.com/isabel.html

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by knumpcy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #345 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Currently Reading
I'm actually into a couple of interesting books right now. I found a series of old hard cover volumes at the annual auction put on by the local symphony to raise some funds. As best as I can tell, they were originally meant for use in school rooms but, as I have an interest in historic and fairy tales, they were right up my alley. The last one I read was \"Tales of Adventure\" which featured mostly seafaring tales. The one I'm currently reading is called \"Tales of Historic Boys.\"

More
14 years 8 months ago #347 by Atanasia_Luiza_Lupei
Well I recently finished: The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop

Currently I am reading: Dreams Made Flesh by Anne Bishop (book #4 in the Black Jewels series)

I truly adore this series, please read it.

:blush:

dracu lupei

More
14 years 8 months ago #348 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Currently Reading
Well, I finally bought the last two Harry Potter books (new, I gave up finding them second-hand). I'm now reading the entire series from the start, and just finished the first book. Yeah, I know, I'm 35... but I still love Harry Potter!

Before that, I re-read Candlenight by Phil Rickman for probably the sixth or seventh time. I love his work, and would highly recommend it to everyone here.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #349 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Currently Reading
I will take your advice on your series(Anne Bishop) and start those once I am done with the Darklore Manor. There is also nothing wrong with the Harry Potter series, I haven't started it yet and even though I will be 40 this month I stll enjoyed the films.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 8 months ago #352 by Atanasia_Luiza_Lupei
Well I appreciate you taking my advice on the book series, and I really hope that you enjoy it just as much as I do. It will start out pretty abruptly and it really doesn't explain much towards the setting but just go with it, it all makes sense quickly.

But on another note, I just got two more books-the result of 2 hours stuck at Barnes and Noble.
The first one is called Only Revolutions by Mark Danielewski. It caught my attention because it's two stories in one, I'm guessing the same tale told by two different characters. But from reading the inside flap it seems like a love story, but it didn't really give much more information away.
The second one is called Boomsday by Christopher Buckley. You may know him for writing Thank You For Smoking. What caught my attention about this book was mostly it's cover; it's very eye-catching with it's bright primary colors and pop art style. It's about the daughter of a Baby Boomer couple who spent her college tuition funds on a stock bond, and is forced to join the army. Years later she comes up with the idea that the Baby Boomers be given government incentive to kill themselves by age 75. Well I thought it was a very interesting plot, so I can't wait to see if it delivers.

:blush:

dracu lupei

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds