Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

What is your recent ALCHEMY purchase?

More
14 years 1 week ago #18608 by black_magnolia
scootiebee wrote:

I don't know if my image is correct on my computer, but it looks like someone made an iron-on with a kit and applied it to the shirt. You can see a faint grayer square around the design, as if it was done with a home-made kit. I may be wrong, but ...

Now that you mention it scootiebee, I see it too, so this t-shirt is surely a fake. Sadly, you can find a lot of such products on the net, not only t-shirts, patches, but also jewellery. Someone familiar with Alchemy can spot them right away, but those new to alchemy should try and ask someone more experienced for an opinion.

cemwerewolf, I'm also interested, but would your shop owner also ship the items to Croatia?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18646 by Morgana
black_magnolia wrote:

scootiebee wrote:

I don't know if my image is correct on my computer, but it looks like someone made an iron-on with a kit and applied it to the shirt. You can see a faint grayer square around the design, as if it was done with a home-made kit. I may be wrong, but ...

Now that you mention it scootiebee, I see it too, so this t-shirt is surely a fake. Sadly, you can find a lot of such products on the net, not only t-shirts, patches, but also jewellery. Someone familiar with Alchemy can spot them right away, but those new to alchemy should try and ask someone more experienced for an opinion.

cemwerewolf, I'm also interested, but would your shop owner also ship the items to Croatia?

I hadn't noticed it before, but I do see the faint gray square around the design now that you mention it. I still like the design though...

More
14 years 1 week ago #18666 by scootiebee
I did a quick search through ebay for \"alchemy shirt\" or something like that, and came up with a LOT of \"homemade\" t-shirts, one company where you could order the designs on a rainbow of t-shirt colors, etc. A little disconcerting, but I am sure if it was a big problem, Alchemy would be dealing with it. I hope that they know about it!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18678 by cemwerewolf
As far as I know my shop owner would be willing to ship anywhere in the world but I will be sure to clarify that matter when i see her later this week. For now she's just looking at selling off her remaining stock but in the future is looking at setting up an online store. She still has her wholesale agreement with Alchemy so, in all likely hood, you would be able to order items through her. Right now, however, she's looking at selling her big ticket items. I need to do a little research first because some of these items appear to be discontinued but I should have the pertinent information up by the end of the week.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18679 by Axel
Do you think there is anyway to get my money back from the person who did it?

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #18683 by black_magnolia
Axel wrote:

Do you think there is anyway to get my money back from the person who did it?

If they didn't write anywhere it was an original Alchemy Gothic item, but from the decription of the item it was fairly obvious that they werem't selling the original stuff, then you probably won't have a lot of luck. I don't know how ebay's policies deal with such things like stealing copyrighted art, but it's worth a try.

Here is Alchemy's photo of how the t-shirt should look like:

I think the difference is obvious. Also, as it is an old discontinued item, you won't have luck finding it as an original.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds