Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

New Website!

More
9 years 5 months ago #39960 by black_magnolia
New Website! was created by black_magnolia
How do you guys like the new website?

I'm still trying to figure out my way around...

I've noticed there are new desktop wallpapers available for download in the Museum & Library section.

I also see they linked the site to the shop... can't figure if there is still a member's store? :unsure: (I forgot I never used the discount code for it, wonder if we'll be able to use them in the new store?)

A really great improvement overall, in my opinion. I especially like how they linked everything over multiple domains and tied it all together (before it was a little bit scattered). The design is pretty too. :silly: (the corporate site alchemygroup.com looks great too!)

Have to compliment everyone who's been working on the new website! Great work! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #39961 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: New Website!
Definitely different to the old site. I don't think that our member discount is still valid since the online shop seems completely new. In fact, you have to create an account to purchase anything. When I tried logging in with my forum email address/password, it didn't work. Also, can't seem to find my discount code anyway. :unsure:

Sidenote: after I posted this, a message appeared saying: \"Congratulations, you have 1 point\". So we get points for posting now? Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any area that shows how many points have been accumulated to date.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by firensia.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #39962 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: New Website!
The points system is the same, the forum hasn't been reprogrammed, as far as I can tell.

You can check your points under \"Your Points\" - it's in the far up right corner, over the AG logo.
Here's a screenshot, I've marked in yellow. The discount codes are under Your Points and then under the \"Medals\" tab. (shout if you need a screenshot for that too)

edit: Noticed the points message now too. Haven't noticed it before. Dunno what I should think about it. So far, the last time these points were of any use was for the raffles, but we didn't have any on this site in ages, so I don't see what's the point of the the points, no pun intended. Don't really see a raffle taking place here any time soon.

Also, under Community -> You & Alchemy (members' photo gallery) it's written:
\"Every week we will feature our favourite fanatic, plus every photo featured will earn you an AlGoth member's voucher, to use in our store and towards all exclusive membership offers.\"

And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
9 years 5 months ago #39963 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re: New Website!
It's looking quite good! I'll have to have a better look later when I have time to explore a little more. Heh, those raffles were super fun - I still have my dragon pendant and it's probably the piece I wear the most. :3

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
9 years 5 months ago #39964 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: New Website!
Yeah, the raffles were fun. :) I kinda wish I won something more practical then the Rosebone's Desk set (and not had to pay all those customs fees for it - so glad Croatia is in the EU now!), but it looks super fancy in my bookcase. :woohoo:

I've e-mailed the webmaster about the store and codes, and some glitches I noticed.
The shipping fees in the basket aren't like in the table here , so I recommend that people wait a bit till that's fixed.

Customer service said we'll get some news early next week about all the new offers, so sit tight guys.

And eternity in an hour.

More
9 years 5 months ago #39965 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: New Website!
I am still a tad apprehensive,mainly because I hate change :angry: but, I'll get over it...

RE: points--I plan to keep collecting them until they take them away...just in case ;)
Speaking of points , do you perhaps know if they are still accepting/posting photographs from members? I ask because I've sent in a couple of photos of me at Tampa's Guavaween Festival. I wore a classic Alchemy shirt & a couple of chains. Trouble is, I don't know if I shrunk them down to specifications.
(Do they tell you if they are NOT going to post your pictures? I DID look kinda scruffy & heavyset in the picture...)

All in all, I'm sure the new website will run just fine; I have bigger concerns for Alchemy

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds