Show Navigation Menu
× All things Alchemy.

Ask for advice

  • iHauntTheSepulchre
  • iHauntTheSepulchre's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The black hole will get me eventually...
More
8 years 6 months ago #39366 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re: Ask for advice
I'm always extremely careful with the Alchemy products I purchase. I always make sure that they've got all the necessary trademarks on the other side of the item. There are two dealers that I frequent when buying Alchemy items. One usually only has what's current, while the other has a little bit of everything. Occasionally I will look further afield for my purchases.
I discovered that my uncle's girlfriend was selling counterfeit alchemy products...she was getting them shipped to her from China. Needless to say I told her what she was doing and I asked for her to be careful with what she was importing. She's not had any for a while now which is good.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #39368 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Ask for advice
I always buy my AG jewelry from an authorized AG dealer - in order to avoid counterfeits. :lol:
And I do not understand those who change their AG jewelry - if they want to change them - then buy the copies and modify them instead :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #39369 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Ask for advice
Madam_Mim wrote:

And I do not understand those who change their AG jewelry - if they want to change them - then buy the copies and modify them instead :P


Oh, I can understand them and if they want to do that, I'll rather encourage them to do so too, as it's better then buying the copies.

With Alchemy they get a quality item (and the beauty of private ownership is that you can do with the item whatever you want if it's not against the law), but with the copies they get a low-quality item and are in fact supporting piracy and therefore are against Alchemy's team who created the design and manufactured it.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • simon_xw
  • simon_xw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #39371 by simon_xw
Replied by simon_xw on topic Re: Ask for advice
Hi magnolia
all new

Many items designed to imitate ag
Not completely identical copy,
Material,Modeling,Size has change......

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by simon_xw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #39372 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Ask for advice
black_magnolia wrote:

Madam_Mim wrote:

And I do not understand those who change their AG jewelry - if they want to change them - then buy the copies and modify them instead :P


Oh, I can understand them and if they want to do that, I'll rather encourage them to do so too, as it's better then buying the copies.

With Alchemy they get a quality item (and the beauty of private ownership is that you can do with the item whatever you want if it's not against the law), but with the copies they get a low-quality item and are in fact supporting piracy and therefore are against Alchemy's team who created the design and manufactured it.


I know what you mean, and I will always buy originals. I just think that it is \"sacrilege\" to destroy something that someone has spent a lot of time and effort in designing and making.
If you do not like the design as it is, why buy it just to destroy/change it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #39374 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Ask for advice
simon_xw wrote:

Hi magnolia

all new

Many items designed to imitate ag
Not completely identical copy,
Material,Modeling,Size has change......



Yes, you are right. It's much better to see on this photo. The right one is 100% genuine (I have a zodiac pendant too, so I know which marking are usually on those pendant).
The left one is fake. The interesting thing to see on that on is that the pirates went so far as to even fake part of the trademarks (you can see two of them on the ram's head/the pewter-colored part)


Madam_Mim wrote:

I know what you mean, and I will always buy originals. I just think that it is \"sacrilege\" to destroy something that someone has spent a lot of time and effort in designing and making.
If you do not like the design as it is, why buy it just to destroy/change it?


I rather look at it from another angle - they like the design so much, but there is this little thing that is bothering them, so they decide to change it, because with Alchemy designs, they are pretty unique and it's hard finding something similar with the same quality.

But overall, I agree with you, because I personally also can't see the sense in altering the items. I rather change my point of view on the little part that is bothering me/get used to it, then go all the way to changing it (because I can't work with metal and finding & paying someone to do that for me can cost as much as the item alone; I'm not that crazy about any item to go that far)

The funny thing with people and their spending choices is that everyone's different. I don't understand people who buy cheap t-shirts by the dozen and then envy those who wear a brand t-shirt. I'm in the other group naturally; I rather have three decent high-quality t-shirts which I know will last me a long time, then have a dozen cheap ones which will probably last only one season.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
cookies disabled

To purchase Alchemy Gothic products visit the Alchemy Dealer List - Trade Customers visit www.alchemyengland.com
Copyright Alchemy Carta Ltd. Alchemy Gothic is a registered Trademark, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Site MapFriends of Alchemy.