Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Cleaning Your Alchemy Items

More
13 years 3 months ago #28747 by Morgana
black_magnolia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Thanks for the info... you too, Envy. I have a couple of band t-shirts that I wash in the same way, and they seem to be holding up OK.

I don't have any fabric items from Alchemy (aside from the poster flags), but this is useful for future reference.

Regarding poster-flags, if they are more colourful, I'd just use the colour detergent instead of the special black cloths one. Fortunately flags don't have to be washed so often. :silly:

It never would have occurred to me to wash my poster flags... I have them glued onto dowels anyway, to hang on the wall, so I don't think the washing machine would cope very well with that!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28751 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

It never would have occurred to me to wash my poster flags... I have them glued onto dowels anyway, to hang on the wall, so I don't think the washing machine would cope very well with that!

Mine are also on the wall, but they are attached with some glue (on the package it's called \"Patafix\") that can be easily removed from the flag and wall. My mom is very sensitive to the sight of dust, she always blames dust for almost any health problems imaginable, therefore I rather take them off myself and wash them then listen to my mom's tirades about how dangerous is dust. :huh: I tried to vacuum them so that I don't have to take them off, but it sucks them off the wall. :silly: It's also nicer when they are washed becasue they do catch smells like other cloths. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28760 by Envy
:blink: Never even thought to wash my flags before..I forgot that they're fabric.

^.^ Mine are stuck onto the wall with 'blu-tack' and teeny bull clips (advice I got off of this forum a while back, as you may remember) so I guess it's a possibility for me to wash my flags. The question then is: will flags crumple up in the wash? As I doubt they could be ironed?

More
13 years 3 months ago #28775 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

:blink: Never even thought to wash my flags before..I forgot that they're fabric.

^.^ Mine are stuck onto the wall with 'blu-tack' and teeny bull clips (advice I got off of this forum a while back, as you may remember) so I guess it's a possibility for me to wash my flags. The question then is: will flags crumple up in the wash? As I doubt they could be ironed?

Flags are made out of 100% polyester, if I remember the tag on my flag. I removed it because I didn't like it being attached to the flag. They don't crumble a lot and in fact you can iron them on the lowest setting like any other sensitive materials. :) If you want to be extra cautious, you can put some cloth over the flag when you iron it so that you are double sure you don't damage it.

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28789 by Envy
Ahh right.

Thanks! ^.^

I'm wary of ironing stuff like that..Had a few disasters before. :S

More
13 years 3 months ago #28792 by black_magnolia
Members often ask about how to clean, care after their Alchemy treasures, so this is a merged thread with all the cleaning tips for pewter and fabric items.
Just browse through the thread and see what other members use for cleaning.

The following is written in the official Alchemy Gothic catalogue:
\"Looking after your Alchemy: Pewter, like silver, may tarnish, but can easily be polished up to a brilliant lustrous shine, using a brass or silver polishing wad and a wipe with a dry cloth. DO NOT put pewter into a salt-loaded dishwasher, which could corrode a polished surface.\"

Regarding fabric items, all have tags with instructions how to wash, dry, iron them; so it's the best to stick to those instructions.

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds