Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Sizes (rings, pendants etc.)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #17980 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Ring Sizes
The easiest way to find your ring size is to go to a local jewelry store, and ask nicely if a sales clerk can find your ring size for you. I have done this, because they have a set of metal rings that you can try on. Or find another ring that fits the finger you want to buy a new ring for, and take it to the jeweler, and have them find the size on a rod for that purpose. It is graduated, so the ring only slides on as far as the correct size marker. It is more accurate than the little paper strips or the online ones, because you can't guarantee that the online size is translating correctly to your computer screen or your printer.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #17994 by Verminaard Draconis
Replied by Verminaard Draconis on topic Re:Ring Sizes
scootiebee wrote:

The easiest way to find your ring size is to go to a local jewelry store, and ask nicely if a sales clerk can find your ring size for you. I have done this, because they have a set of metal rings that you can try on. Or find another ring that fits the finger you want to buy a new ring for, and take it to the jeweler, and have them find the size on a rod for that purpose. It is graduated, so the ring only slides on as far as the correct size marker. It is more accurate than the little paper strips or the online ones, because you can't guarantee that the online size is translating correctly to your computer screen or your printer.

Especialy in a jewelry strore they can give you advise on everything!!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18008 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Ring Sizes
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll probably try the catalogue (I have the PDF version, not the paper copy unfortunately) and also drop into a jewellery store, just to see if the sizes match up.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20824 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Ring Sizes
What I want to know is if they can be resized? Can a jeweler cut them and reside them? There are some rings I found on a website that are discontinued and way too big, but don't want to give up the chance to have the ring.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20827 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Ring Sizes
anastasia13 wrote:

What I want to know is if they can be resized? Can a jeweler cut them and reside them? There are some rings I found on a website that are discontinued and way too big, but don't want to give up the chance to have the ring.

I'm not sure. There was a person that came to the forum, a long time ago, that was a jeweller, and they said it wasn't possible to modify pewter once it goes solid...
I know pewter is sensitive to heat, but I don't know how easy it would be to open up a pewter ring and then make it smaller...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20833 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Ring Sizes
I would ask a local jeweler, show them the ring, and see what they can do. I know that some rings can be altered, and others not. Maybe they could add a later of metal inside the ring band to make the inside of the band smaller? I don't know. Good luck!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds