Show Navigation Menu

Depression/Stress

More
14 years 5 months ago #8924 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Depression/Stress
I think you should have asked how we deal with stress? I get on my computer and play a violent RPG game and kill a bunch of wraiths, demons, and gorgons and I am cool. I get all my frustration out that way or going for a drive and pump some loud songs, old school Marylin Manson etc...rock out to it. I get home and I am fine!!!! Everyone has their ways to deal.

Sweet of you to ask if anyone wants to talk..even tho some of us are older...it's very thoughtful and deep.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8967 by gothic_angel16
Replied by gothic_angel16 on topic Re:Depression/Stress
demonica66613 wrote:

I think that is truly awesome of you to put yourself out there to help others. So few good people in the world!! I was a little curious when you wrote \"I want to be able to help others, the way I was helped\". If you don't mind me asking, what happened to you?

Basically I got bullied in grade 6 till about 9th. I had family aid in grade 6, my parents always put me in the middle of things (my sister was always breaking the law so they made us take family aid). My ex bestfriend basically told me to kill myself and no one would care or know. I tried to commit suicide in grade 6 and 7 multiple times. My parents always faught cause my sister was doing anything to get attention (the bad kind). My sister used to beat me up when she babysat me, my parents never believed me so I got grounded for it. And well I was very depressive. So now I go to a social worker and it helps me out a lot.. I'm more positive and no longer suicidle.

I know I havent been through what a lot of people have but it was a shock to me since everything was happening all at once.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8968 by gothic_angel16
Replied by gothic_angel16 on topic Re:Depression/Stress
anastasia13 wrote:

I think you should have asked how we deal with stress? I get on my computer and play a violent RPG game and kill a bunch of wraiths, demons, and gorgons and I am cool. I get all my frustration out that way or going for a drive and pump some loud songs, old school Marylin Manson etc...rock out to it. I get home and I am fine!!!! Everyone has their ways to deal.

Sweet of you to ask if anyone wants to talk..even tho some of us are older...it's very thoughtful and deep.

Thanks :) I do the whole music thing myself.. I just lose myself in the music and it gets all my frustrations out.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8972 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Depression/Stress
I'd never start a thread about it or tell people that aren't asking, but I like helping people as well. I do it all the time with my boy, and it's just such a feeling to know that you make him smile even when he wants to take his life. It can be hard, but it's always worth it if I can help.

As I'm very positive in everything, I can always tell you a different way of thinking. If it's negative thoughts that keep you down, I can give some of my posivite ones, and hopefully help a bit.

As it's been said, it's a good initiative to start such a thread. There's always someone who needs help, and hopefully they can take this chance. And, for such like me to try and help - I'm always interested, and I got knowledge about the body and mind that can help. But, I'd never start a thread like this myself...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 5 months ago #8977 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Depression/Stress
anastasia13 wrote:

Have to say, in the early days, I used to turn on my music extremely loud to try and ignore the world around me - But it led to me becoming increasingly deaf, so I've had to lay off.

These days, I concentrate on using more artistic methods of getting rid of depression and stress, so I often go and play on my piano/guitar/flute..Or write something poetic, draw/paint things etc.

The RPGs often helped too. :P

More
14 years 5 months ago #9006 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Depression/Stress
Very good idea.
congratuation for that.

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds