Show Navigation Menu

Birthdays

More
13 years 5 months ago #27602 by Envy
Teehee..Never too old for a Hello Kitty cake. At one point, we smudged her eyes by accident whilst trying to get the candlewax off of the icing - So she had huuge smudges of 'eyeshadow'. :woohoo:

Again, thanks for all of the kind messages! :)

I don't know what I'd do if my birthday was near another day, like Christmas or something..I know that it's hard enough as it is to get a table at a restaurant on mother's/father's days so..I can definately see the positives of doing something unusual!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27606 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Oh..I see positives and negatives (without intending any disrespect, of course).

Well, if you weren't close to the person who died, you naturally could cope with their passing a lot easier and also everyone grieves in their own way... My grandma was like a second mother to me, she was living with us so I spent really a lot of time with her. I was also close to my great grandpa (my grandma's father), so him dying after her was mostly due to sadness, because he was in excellent health for his 100 years...
Try imagining your mom dying the day before your birthday or having to bury her on Christmas Eve, then you'll have a better idea how it was for my family and me.
Sorry, this went off-topic, death isn't really that appropriate a topic for a birthday thread...

Back to more cheerful stuff: The cake looks lovely! Is it home-made or was it bought ready-made? I'm not a fan of so much icing though, just the sight of it makes my blood-sugar rise. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27635 by necie1286
OMG i love your cake. i want it *grins and bounces*

More
13 years 5 months ago #27637 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Back to more cheerful stuff: The cake looks lovely! Is it home-made or was it bought ready-made? I'm not a fan of so much icing though, just the sight of it makes my blood-sugar rise. :silly:

It was bought ready-made, hehe. None of us are any good with icing cakes. :P We don't usually buy cakes like that because none of us really like such sugary things. A lot of the icing on that cake was binned. >.<!

But mind you, when we have cream cakes, the cream on those is scraped off and binned too, so either way..Cakes are generally a waste for us.

More
13 years 2 months ago #29999 by Envy
I think the 'Birthdays' thread got merged into here..So I'll say what I want to say.

:S Just a bit annoyed that I've had 5 birthday party invites in the past month and I've not been able to attend any, because it's bloody exam month.

>.< I don't understand why people can't just hold off birthday celebrations for a feeew more weeks until everyone's out of exams..Not all of us have exam-free timetables..Plus having a party during exam-time means hardly anyone turns up..And I hate being part of the group that didn't manage to make it. It makes me feel really guilty but I know my priorities.

Is it really that important to celebrate a birthday *on the day*? It's just a day after all, isn't it?

More
13 years 2 months ago #30004 by scootiebee
I hardly ever celebrate my birthday on the actual day. I pick the most convenient weekend day nearby and do something special on that day instead. Plus, once you are as old as me, unless it is a \"milestone\" birthday (like 40, 50, etc.), nobody cares enough to throw a party anyway. This year for my birthday, I am going with my family on a day trip instead of having a party and presents. For my husband's birthday, we are going to the U2 concert (they are actually playing in Baltimore on his real birthday!), and my daughter hasn't decided what she wants to do yet. She hasn't had a party for several years. Her birthday is during summer, so we always had a hard time finding people who were actually in town to come to her parties, so we started taking her on vacations for her birthday.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds