Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
12 years 11 months ago #32637 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hair
Oh, I never really liked those synthetic hair falls. (I generally don't like synthetic fibres of any kind.)
Falls do look cool, but I'd rather go for real hair, although I know that would be even more expensive.

My sister had a mohawk for a year maybe, while she was in high-school. She only wore it up when she went to some gig. In school she had it tied in a pony-tail and she usually wore a head-band or bandana on top of that. None of the professors had any problems with it, probably becasue she had the headband so it wasn't that obvious. I think she looked really cute with the mohawk. Basically, she has a nice head/face so she can wear any haircut she wants and look good with it.
Only putting up the mohawk was always a pain becasue she has naturally wavy hair, so first you had to straighten her hair before trying to have it stand up. :S You can guess who always had to act as hairdresser when she was going out. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32641 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair
Hah! That's brilliant!

:P Yeah..Synthetic hair does tend to have a bad habit of going super-static..But some large falls like that look so fuuuun to play with! And it's true..Even though I would prefer real hair - If the cost of synthetic falls are already that high, there's no hope in the world for me getting some falls that are human-hair.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #32692 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Hair
that's my hair when it's spiked. when i don't spike it, i either comb it forward, or part it down the middle if i go anywhere formal. i don't have any pics of it down though, so i can't post them. i will take some at some point though

EDIT: the pic didn't load up, i'll try making it smaller and try again
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by King Pete.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32819 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Hair
black_magnolia's post on the \"recent AG purchases\" thread got me thinking...

For those who have any of the AG hair accessories, how do you use them? Do they stay in OK on their own? Or do you use a basic clip to hold your hair, and then the AG one just for decoration?

Some of the items are really pretty, but there are so few things that will actually hold my hair in place, that I think they'd probably not be a good choice for me.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32825 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hair
Morgana wrote:

For those who have any of the AG hair accessories, how do you use them? Do they stay in OK on their own? Or do you use a basic clip to hold your hair, and then the AG one just for decoration?

Ha, I'm your woman for this topic! ;)

Mind you, I can only say for my type of hair. I have very straight long hair almost all to my bottom. :blush:

Let's see:

I've got the Coeur Noir hair slide and pretty much use it as you would use any hair slide. It's really well made and keeps your hair in place, but it's pretty small, so you can't take a lot of hair. I usually just use it to keep my hair out of my eyes if I wear it open.

Then, I've got the Darkling Bat clip , note that it's not the same as the Darkling Bat slide (don't have that one) which is flat.
I just stick all my hair in the clip and have it up as a ponytail, without first tying it with a elastic band. At first I was a bit scared that it may break, but it's really sturdy enough and it stays tightly in place. It's really my favourite piece becasue I rarely wear my hair open.

Crystal Bat Clip is also pretty good, but the pewter part is somewhat awkward dimension wise, so I still have to experiment a bit how to wear it.

The hair fork is at my parents' house, so I didn't have a chance to try it out. Mom already asked me how do I plan to use it becasue it's 18,5 cm long. Honestly, no idea yet. I know how to use a normal hair stick, but never tried a fork. Googled it a bit, but didn't really find anything useful. Well, I'll experiment and tell you how it turns out. ;)

Yeah, basically, I use all of them on their own, and not just as deco. :)

I'd really like to get one of those hair-combs by Alchemy and a hair-stick. I don't like hair bands, so no use for those. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #32830 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hair

I found that online. :P Any good? Though the forks used there are huuuge..
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds