Show Navigation Menu

Hair

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #23723 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Hair
Hmmm... formal occasions... so far I always had something different, I can't really say I have a preference. Sometimes I wear it straight, sometimes curly, sometimes in a french braid or some up-do... I find it pretty hard to make it curly because I have naturally very straight hair and it refuses to stay curly for long. :( Also with my length it can get very tricky to do some up-do. I know my hairdresser had her hands full till she made my hair for prom...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23760 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Hair
I can't remember the last time I went to something that would be considered \"formal\"... high school graduation, mabye? And I don't remember what I did with my hair then.

My hair won't take a curl/perm at all, and I don't have the knowledge or patience to try to make any kind of up-do out of it. I'm not really a formal type of person anyway. If I did have to go to something formal, I'd probably be a lot more worried about having to shop for an appropriate outfit, than what to do with my hair.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23766 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Hair
Morgana wrote:

If I did have to go to something formal, I'd probably be a lot more worried about having to shop for an appropriate outfit, than what to do with my hair.

Hmm that's true, most of my dresses seem excessively lolita or gothic for reaaally formal occasions, but yet again, I'm not too bothered.

We have another formal night coming up soon - Going to a 'posh' place to eat for my cousin's birthday before my dad and I fly home (mum and brother staying in the US for a week longer) so..Unsure of what to do with my hair or what to wear, especially as I fly on the 5th and most of my stuff needs to be packed by the 4th. :unsure:

More
13 years 3 months ago #29995 by Envy
I swear there used to be a 'hair' topic, but I can't find it so I'll post here.

Is there a certain trick to curling your hair un-aided? Or is it just a practice thing? :woohoo:

I'm not the type to have lots of mirrors in my room (I only have a teeny little circular one on a stand) so curling my hair is a real pain. Especially getting the hair on the back of my head. I've tried all sorts of methods in an attempt to avoid asking my mother to help me (twisting hair / using old fashioned curlers / using various types of curling tongs), but..Eeh. Never works out too well..

Any advice?

More
13 years 3 months ago #30001 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Hair
I'd say it's a practice thing and depends on your hair type how long the curls stay...
My hair is extra straight and begging it on your knees won't make it stay curled for longer then a couple of hours. :woohoo:

(btw. the hair thread was just not on the first page of search results)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30003 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re: Hair
I have the opposite problem, straightening my hair, but it helps to use a hair gel that will help hold the curl after you are done. If you have a mirror on the wall, take your small mirror to it, and curl your hair there, back to the wall mirror, holding the small mirror in front of you so you can check the back of your hair as you go. And work a small section at a time starting at the crown and working to the nape of your neck. Good luck!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds