Show Navigation Menu

torture

More
13 years 6 months ago #26055 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:torture
gaelquereth wrote:

I am strictly against torturing any being. It is profane.
I strongly believe that no-one has the right to choose wether a human being's life is worthless and that it should be taken from them. Nobody is capable of evaluating life and nobody should be authorised to do so. Therefore, it is in my opinion that the Death Penalty should be banned.

One exception about the torturing part, though.

I HATE PAEDOPHILES AND RAPISTS. THEY ARE SICK, TWISTED SCUM. Maybe they should be tortured as a punishment for the sick things they've done.....mmmm....say, chop their genitals slowly into small parts or maybe the Judas Cradle would be an appropriate punishment for them. Don't you think?

How can you be strictly against torture, yet make an exception?

Plus, who do you propose does the torturing? Someone willing to do it and indeed, who might enjoy it? Or some poor person who it'd likely have some sort of psychological effect on?

No-one is suited to commit acts of torture, if they enjoy it, they are no better than those who they are torturing and wouldn't be suited for the role.

So no, I do not think it would be an appropriate punishment.

What I would like however, is for them to be kept with the other inmates. Let them teach them what they think of kiddie diddlers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26074 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:torture
Kuroboshi wrote:

What I would like however, is for them to be kept with the other inmates. Let them teach them what they think of kiddie diddlers.

Very good point. I think protective custody is necessary when someone is on trial for something like that... innocent until proven guilty, after all. But once they've been convicted, then let them do their time with everyone else. They weren't concerned about the kids whose lives they ruined, so why should they get special treatment while they're being punished.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds