Show Navigation Menu

torture

More
14 years 5 months ago #7976 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:torture
i quite enjoy this topic..:D:D

as for torture..hmm...i know that in teh 13th century in france for example , a man emprisoned would've suffer greatly , eventhough his crimes were more or less not that severe....but ...as an example i can give , a man who killed his wife , had an eye removed ...a man that was sentenced for multiple murders would've had his eyes removed and tongue cut off ...it was brutal , painful agony , but they were left just at the brink of death...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8000 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:torture
I know there were nasty punishments even for petty crimes: if a man stole money, he would have his hand put into a cauldron with boiling water, and if he stole something from a house by forcing an entry, he would be eligible for death. And death came much more cruelly then. I've heard there might still be countries nowadays that use lapidation (kiling somebody by throwing stones at them) as a form of punishment and I think in muslim countries infidel women are still put to death, but I'm not sure of that.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #8051 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:torture
Yeah, and I still think it was a good world. Like I said, crime was always low when the punishments are high.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8062 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:torture
Yeah, in our country it is said that when Vlad Tepes (or The Impaler, if it sounds more familiar) ruled the land, you could drop your bag of money in the middle of the road and find it right there where you left his. Local legends and folk tales give him a lot of praise, for being a just (maybe a tad cruel) leader under whose reign criminals were so afraid to act that they did not :)

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #8128 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:torture
I believe it was San Francisco that a friend of mine once traveled to... they got a fine for accidently dropping their can of water on the sidewalk, and by that got water on the sidewalk. And yes, hey picked it up right away. I believe I've heard it's the city with least crime worldwide...

I believe death sentence is a good thing, for many reasons. First; no one will suffer from this person again. Second; one less people to populate this world, which will never again make a child. And therefore even less people...

About killing/torturing someone... I couldn't torture someone, but I'd live to patch them up afterwards. I don't like the blood or he scream, but I'm a bit fascinated in wounds. Nothing I ever work out, as I don't want people to notice me that way, but I wouldn't say no and if someone for hur I'd help them.
I believe I could kill someone without suffering (not psyological at least) from it. But a gun to it's head and that's it. If they deserved it I'd just be happy to help.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 5 months ago #8154 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:torture
See, Corpse agrees with me. It's nothing for us to kill someone if they deserve it. On the subject of less people in the world is another reason I prefer death sentences and harsh punishments. For every person that inhabits the globe we lose more and more natural resources. We slowly eat up our planet and slowly tear it apart. I for one am somewhat of a tree hugger so I live to preserve this globe of ours and the more people we have living on the planet the more of the planet we lose. I say it's about time for a mass genocide or a new plague. The estimated population of humans to live on the planet comfortably without damaging the Earth critically has already passed about 200 years ago.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds