Show Navigation Menu

Any Christians out there?

More
14 years 6 months ago #3952 by Aftermidnight
Tremein wrote:

I am a Christian, and I am seriously contemplating joining the Roman Catholic Church.
I do not see these beliefs as mutually incompatible with gothic interests.

I don't think gothic itself is incompatible with Christianity, if it was I wouldn't be gothic. But the problem comes when a lot of gothic related stuff is anti-Christian. Like for example, Christian Death. So I just tend to avoid those things. I know I believe I'm a Christian so what other people judge me on based on how I look isn't a problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #3964 by anastasia13
CorpseQueen wrote:

I'm not a christian, because of many things. Of the story behind this religion, because of its view on humans (the genetic sin from Eve and Adam), because of its intolerance for other religions and may other human things (like homosexuality), because I can't be faitfull enough to believe in only one thing, and many other reasons...
And well, the dark side is more interesting too me then the \"bright\". And there I'm not talking about Satan...

Personally, I'm more interesting in the dark (tho I'm too good (or well-balansed) to be a real satanic) and more in madness...
My favorite god is Sheogorath, and some of you might recognize him... I'm in love with madness, I believe it's beautifull. And I love to write about it. So the God of Madness should be something for me...

When it comes to spiritual experiences, I think I've had a few. To the normal human I'm more of an ateist (because I'm not sure and because few would ever understand my trail of thought), and I'm never 100% sure even in real life, but one of the most interesting things is a dream... what I know, it's normal to die when you dream, even if you come back to life

It's a big subject, and be happy I didn't write more... I usually write too much too fast :huh:

If you like Madness then look into the Chaos Theory, That will trip you out!

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 6 months ago #3966 by anastasia13
I am not a good Christian, I'm supposed to spread the will of Christ, I am supposed to tell those who do not believe in HIM that they need to, to save their souls...

I am a realist tho, I can't tell anyone here to go wear a red shirt, jump off a cliff, or change who they belief is their god/goddess/savior..

So each to their own, I have so many sins on my marker I might end up in hell, or whatever hell may be, so I look at it this way, if I die tomorrow that is where my fate led me to. I die in 50 years, toothless and feebleminded, then that is where fate led me.

Now religious based fighting, middle east, russia, and other countries, I don't agree wagging wars in the name of their gods saying that the way others believe is wrong. (Nazis trying to eradicate Jews) WW2 was so heinous that it nearly destroyed my grandfather...so I think that people can pray to whomever they want, but don't let it drive you to war and hate because that's the easiest path...

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds