Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
14 years 4 months ago #8201 by AcroCake
Replied by AcroCake on topic Re:Pets
Zenith wrote:

My hamsters climb stairs too, they also respond to me calling them by their name.

I didn't know hamsters were so intellegent! I so much want a hamster again, only I have two cats now :( Not that cats are somehow bad :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #8203 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Pets
Ok, this is to anyone who has had kittens. Yesterday my female kitten went into heat for the first time and I found blood on her back and a few drops of dried blood on the back and stomach of my male kitten. I caught them trying to fuck later yesterday so I have been keeping them separated until I can get to a vet. At first I wasn't too worried until I remembered that cats don't bleed when they are in heat. So now I'm freaking out about where the blood came from. The kittens have no wounds that I can tell. All of the other animals are ok. We found a mouse the other day and assumed that cats might have attacked it but we couldn't find a body anywhere. So we have no idea where this blood came from. They were both clean when I went outside for a smoke but when I came back in they had blood on them. I'm not exactly sure what's going on.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #8219 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Pets
If they are behaving normal, then everything should be ok, but if you're not sure take them to the vet.
It could well be possible that the male just bit to hard the female when he was keeping her still during copulation. It happened to my cat once, but she wasn't dazzed at all by it. I was also freaking because there was a lot of blood round her neck but it stopped and she went on to have sex. XD

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #8250 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Pets
AcroCake wrote:

I didn't know hamsters were so intellegent! I so much want a hamster again, only I have two cats now :( Not that cats are somehow bad :P

I also wanted to have a cat, but I don't have time to tend to all its needs here so I'm seriously considering to get some hamsters. They actually are smarter then they seem. I remember my first dwarf hamster, Putzica (the name means something like little penis) was very attached to me. I used to keep him on my shoulder while doing chores like washig dishes and dusting and he did not try to jump, he enjoyed that. I used to hold him in my hand while I watched movies and he would just doze off. And some nights I used to let him out of his cage and put him on the floor of my room and he would just walk around and explore and in the morning I called him and he would emerge from under the bed. Oh, and I kissed his little face and when I did that he licked my lips :laugh: (maybe at first they tasted like something yummy because I was eating sweets but afterward it became a habit for him too :lol: ) I really loved him and was devastated by his death. I actually gave him a pagan burial.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Zenith. Reason: always the spelling!

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #8263 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Pets
Well there is no more blood and I'm not sure if the female was impregnated or not but regardless, as soon as she is out of heat we're going straight to the vet and getting her fixed. I hate to do it but it's just better this way.

Meaning comes from within.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by SkieShauphen.

More
14 years 4 months ago #8266 by AcroCake
Replied by AcroCake on topic Re:Pets
@Zenith:
Aw! Putzica must have been the sweetest hamster :kiss: I must have a hamster again soon :blink:
When I move out (I live with my mum because I'm still at college) in a few years, I think I'll buy a hamster :laugh: I can't wait!
Do hamsters get lonely? When I got my first hamster (Henry) we bought a friend for him a little while after (Angel). I like to think they were in love :blush:

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds