Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 4 months ago #28555 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
metaller wrote:

Envy... try this link
animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/informati...0of%20Fish%20Disease

it may have something that can kill the worms.

Thanks, but again, same problem that I have with all other meds. On that link, I'd need 'PraziPro', but it's not available in the UK. Shipping costs from the US would be insane too.. :huh: My pharmacist-auntie's offered to send over some worming meds for humans, but then we have the problem of dosage. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28558 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re: Pets
you know that if you make an order of over 60$the shipping is free because of a promotional offer!!
you just have to buy two of the products and they will be at your home without further expences!

More
13 years 4 months ago #28692 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re: Pets
i got really scared the other day, my kitten Tribble was acting odd and not moving around alot and sleeping almost all day. she was acting like another kitten we had who got sick and died. but she got better the after two days so we just think she had a stomach bug. she back to her normal self running around and getting into stuff now.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28702 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
Pets have a habit of doing that..Hiding illnesses..Especially in the smaller pets. I seem to recall it's just a natural instinct, as if predators knew they were ill, they'd be eaten all the faster.

The fish that died were the same. All my male swordtails went, and they showed the least sign of worms, but they were very inactive. Next thing I know, they're the first to go, even though the other breed we own had lots of clear signs and symptoms.

The same with my budgie..One day she'd be on the floor of her cage, and the next, she'd be flying all over the place and chirpy. As soon as the illness became obvious, she died.

Glad your kitten is alright though. :) I don't think cats often hide illnesses. Not as significantly as small birds do anyway.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28716 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Pets
Envy wrote:

Pets have a habit of doing that..Hiding illnesses..Especially in the smaller pets. I seem to recall it's just a natural instinct, as if predators knew they were ill, they'd be eaten all the faster.

Yes, I think you're right Envy. Most animals don't like to show weakness of any kind, especially the type of animals who would be more prey than predator in the wild. I don't have any experience with pet birds or fish, but I know cats will hide illnesses in that way.

necie, I'm glad to hear that your kitten is OK again. She might have just been feeling a bit under the weather that day, the same as happens to humans. I'd keep an eye on her though, just to make sure she really is back to normal again.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28728 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re: Pets
thank you Envy and Morgana. she is doing perfectly. running around playing with her sister Tinker bell and eating lots. she is slowly gaining back the weight she lost. i'm glad she is better. it would have killed me if something happen to her. she is my baby like Tinker bell is my mothers baby. Tinker bell is black and white, while Tribble is gray and white. i could take a pic to show ya if ya want to see them

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds