Show Navigation Menu

Incense

More
12 years 3 months ago #37343 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What do you smoke ?
DaTenshi wrote:

You may try a trick xD to take out the batteries out of the smoke detector... I did that when I was living in Canada :P Thought you should not forget to put them back afterwards ^.^

Can't do that.

1. We're not allowed to tamper with the fire alarms here.
2. They're not typical fire alarms where you can detatch them from the ceilings etc. These ones are in-built and connected throughout the building, so if one goes off, they go off for the entire block. As far as I'm aware I don't think there is a way to get a battery out or if there even is a battery inside the device.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #37345 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: incense
DarkHill wrote:

What type of incense do you like to burn?

I usually burn a load of Sandalwood, it's the most natural/pleasant to me. With the other fancy scents I get bored easily.

Also, there isn't really a big choice of incense you can buy here in Croatia, usually it's just a few of the most popular scents by different brands; so you come into the shop, you see a ton of incense but half of it is more or less the same. :S

My last incense find is a saffron-sandal mix dhoop incense - pleasantly sweet, but very strong so I only burn half the stick otherwise it'd be too much for my little room. :silly:

I've seen some coffee incense sticks on ebay, really curios how those would smell. I love the smell of coffee. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 3 months ago #37347 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Incense
We can get any type of incense here. I buy mine from an Indian supermarket since they have the best selection. Vanilla is my favorite. I've never had the smoke alarm go off because of burning incense. Usually, I'll just burn one stick at a time so it doesn't generate a lot of smoke.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 3 months ago #37358 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re: Incense
Hmm, in my room at uni I have two smoke alarms. So no incense burning there. Hopefully this year I'll be allowed to use an electric oil diffuser.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 2 months ago #37479 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Incense
I usually burn two incense sticks at once, of different scents, and I've never had a problem with the nearby smoke alarm going off. Not sure how much trouble you might get in at the dorms if you tried it though...

I got a small oil burner recently as well, although I haven't used it much. It's the kind that has a tealight at the bottom, to warm the oil above. I like it, but the cat won't leave it alone, so that's a problem for sure!

More
12 years 2 months ago #37497 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re: Incense
Buggerit. I sent an email asking whether I could use an electric oil diffuser at uni and they said no to that as well...looks like I'll just have to use a reed diffuser...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds