Show Navigation Menu

Living during a Pandemic

More
3 years 6 months ago #45690 by black_magnolia
So how have you guys been doing in the last months?
Has a lot changed for you personally? How are you feeling?
Gotten used to this new "normal"?

I haven't really had a lot of change in my day-to-day lifestyle, being a natural introvert and basically working from home most of the time anyway.

The most annoying thing to me have been all these people against wearing masks and making such a big fuss about something simple and straightforward. I'm more tired seeing so many stupid conspiracy theories floating around then following simple guidelines to protect everybodies health.

I'm living under the same roof as my 91 year old grandfather, I rather not risk his life, nor do I want to get infected either. I know even young people have died of it, you never know how your body will react to something even when you are healthy. I'd like to think that everyone prefers to be healthy and looks to take precautions to stay that way rather then being home sick.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #45691 by iHauntTheSepulchre
More or less the same as usual - like you I'm an introvert so it's been easy to stay home as much as possible. I do miss going out with friends for coffee though. The lock down restrictions in my city have been very harsh, but we're slowly getting better and hopefully should be a little more free by the end of the year.

I agree with you on the masks thing. They're mandatory in my city, but it never ceases to astound me just how selfish some people are. I've been to worried to visit my grandmother. She's 91 too, and she had a very close call last year in April so we've been worried about her health ever since. Plus I don't really like the idea of getting sick either. Even a common cold is bad enough.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulag

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #45700 by paulag
Replied by paulag on topic Living during a Pandemic
I live carefully. The only difference is when I leave my home to go anywhere I wear a mask. I work from home 90% of the time anyway.
I use facetime with family. I read, read, read…I am the cook in the house, do some craft like greeting cards , so I am kept busy)
 Nobody lives forever… but of course I try not to get it, I am waiting for a vaccine to be got.
I used to travel a lot, that is on hold.

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by paulag.

More
3 years 2 months ago #45702 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I really miss travelling. Right now it's restricted between states and I would dearly love to go and visit my best friend. I've not seen her since this time last year and while we do chat on the phone regularly, it's not the same as sitting down with a cup of tea and just talking for hours.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds