Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
9 years 9 months ago #39908 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Huh. They actually look quite pretty.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #39909 by SkieShauphen
I find them rather appealing. Plus, I think they look great on just about any skin color.

Meaning comes from within.

More
9 years 9 months ago #39911 by black_magnolia
I haven't seen a good white ink tattoo on darker skinned people. The ink just won't stay white with them, it pretty much disappears completely over time.
Usually white ink stays in it's best form on the lightest skin color, and with that too, it generally heals up going a bit towards pink or yellow, depending how good you cared for it and what kind of pigmentation you have in your own skin. (Girls who do make-up are probably more aware of a so called skin undertone: cold, warm, neutral...)

blog.tattoodo.com/2014/05/30-white-ink-tattoos-done-right/

I got some of that info from a Croatian body-modification artist working in Rijeka, she's in fact the girl with the half-mandala on the side of her face in the above link. So she talks from experiance, having them and she owns a tattoo & piercing studio, so she definitely knows it.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
9 years 9 months ago #39914 by SkieShauphen
Thanks for the links black_magnolia. The fading of the white ink is a huge turn off for me. I can only consider using the white with other colors but the UV in the white ink, if taken care of properly, still peaks my interest.

What also peaks my interest:

Geometric ink anyone?

www.pinterest.com/lilirivg/dots-lines-an...ic-tattoo-obsession/

Meaning comes from within.

More
9 years 9 months ago #39915 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Wow, those look pretty cool!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
9 years 8 months ago #39916 by Morwen1978
I don't think it would be very useful to have a white ink tatoo in my case... My skin never tans, I'm one of those people who are burned so easily with the sun that I hardly ever put myself under it (and if I do, it is with a great deal of sun blockers... I even have some scars from burned areas), so if a get a white tatoo, I'm sure it would be almost invisible... And if you can't see it, what's the point in getting it done? I think the effect is pretty nice on dark-skinned people, but not on me...

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds