Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #37232 by black_magnolia
Serpenvicis wrote:

I'm thinkig of piercing my ears. And making plugs, but small ones. I would like to wear those spiral earrings (I can't post photo, got some problems with internet) that go trough ear. Although, I'm not sure if I want to have so wide hole on my ear for rest of my life :unsure:

I don't see a reason why not? The easy thing with piercings (when you get bored with them) is that you can take them out and the holes heel up. That's also the case with stretched ears. I know people who went from 2 cm stretched ears back to normal (although with such big stretchings you have to get them stitched up to heal back, but that isn't a problem, people do it).

btw. Serpenvicis, I'd recommend Badaku piercing studio in Rijeka if you are going to get your ears pierced. They have a facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Badaku/228630033853992?ref=ts (not sure if they have a website). There you also have a note about stretching where you can read up all the info you should know, and you can always ask them anything if you have more questions.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #37233 by Serpenvicis
black_magnolia wrote:

Serpenvicis wrote:

I'm thinkig of piercing my ears. And making plugs, but small ones. I would like to wear those spiral earrings (I can't post photo, got some problems with internet) that go trough ear. Although, I'm not sure if I want to have so wide hole on my ear for rest of my life :unsure:

I don't see a reason why not? The easy thing with piercings (when you get bored with them) is that you can take them out and the holes heel up. That's also the case with stretched ears. I know people who went from 2 cm stretched ears back to normal (although with such big stretchings you have to get them stitched up to heal back, but that isn't a problem, people do it).

btw. Serpenvicis, I'd recommend Badaku piercing studio in Rijeka if you are going to get your ears pierced. They have a facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Badaku/228630033853992?ref=ts (not sure if they have a website). There you also have a note about stretching where you can read up all the info you should know, and you can always ask them anything if you have more questions.

Thanks for the advice :laugh: I've heard many people talking about Badaku already :)

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
12 years 2 months ago #37397 by Envy
Hrrm..

What are your opinions on getting poetry/verses from poetry/text extracts/song lyrics/quotes inked?

Yay or nay? Annoying or interesting?

I can't decide if I want text on my body, but it's a thought that's crossed my mind a few times - to get select lyrics, extracts from poetry or novels inked on me somewhere..

I just can't decide because it's not the same as having a single/few words etc. tattooed..

More
12 years 2 months ago #37400 by black_magnolia
Personally, I'm probably going to have a Latin saying tattooed as part of a bigger piece I'm planing.
Don't want to share more info about it as I'm still thinking it through and there is a possibility I won't be able to get tattooed at all as I need to talk some things through with my dermatologist. Don't want to be stupid and make things worse...

I've also been considering a smaller piece (just a word), to commemorate something, but oh well...

Basically, if you like some words, whatever they are poetry or some other form of text, as long as they have a meaning to you, then I don't see a reason why not to get them on your skin.

The only thing I don't like about script tattoos is if they are misspelled or if the script + placement is kinda stupid in my opinion. Yeah, I know, to each their own, but example, my friend's sister got \"FEARLESS\" tattooed on her lower back in a bold old English font, BIG letters (like 3 inches big) - and I couldn't keep from thinking why those words in such a place?! any other place - fine; but wtf do you want to say with such a tramp-stamp? :huh:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 2 months ago #37403 by firensia
Text is probably the only type of tattoos that I like. It's not so out there like getting a huge art piece tattooed. I agree with black_magnolia about meaning and placement being important. I personally want to get some words tattooed on my upper back in small letters but I'm not really a fan of needles so I'm not sure I'll ever do it. Also, I change my mind a lot so the last thing I want to do is wake up in 10 years and say, \"What was I thinking?!\". It's a huge commitment getting a tattoo.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 2 months ago #37405 by cerberus1618
always been a really huge fan of tattoos, but I don't really have the money at this stage in my life.
eventually I want to get a full torso tattoo. but I'm not sure what I want yet. it's not just going to be a mural. it will probably be a spiritual thing.

another idea I had was to get a symbol tattood in the center of my chest in a circle and then get another circle tattood around the outside every birthday. I love designing mandalas and circle based geometric designs... yep, think this is probably the way I'll go. it'll eventually be a full torso taattoo and each one will represent a different time in my life.

thoughts and opinions?

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds