Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 1 month ago #4520 by black_magnolia
Here are just a few questions to get the discussion going if people don't have an idea what to write:
Do you have any? How many? On which part of your body? What do the tattoos represent, why did you get them? Do you regret any?
Do you want to get a tattoo but don't have one yet (or piercing etc.)? Do you have already something in mind?
Are you familiar with brandings? Do you have those?
Are you thinking abut or have any other body modifications?

This is a general topic, anything about Alchemy Gothic tattoos should be further discussed in the same named topic that already exists.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #4521 by Zenith
Well, I love both piercings and tattoos. I've 11 piercings in my ear and one in my eyebrow (where my eyebroe should be, actually, I shave em off). I want two more in my upper and lower lip and that's about all I will pierce of me. But tattoos:kiss: True, I have only one, but I have four more in plan. I have a fleur-de-lis on my back. It is a symbol I most adore. From what I know, thieves and adultresses were branded with a fleur-de-lis in medieval times. This idea, of that being a sign that woul outcast you appealed to me...and I have made it for a deep, personal reason; it is both a painful reminder and something concerning my pride, as I am too proud sometimes. I intent in the near future to tattoo Cradle Of Filth's Midian Logo, a portrait of Edgar A Poe and some other two designs I am still concoting. I am familiar with branding, scarification and other types of body modification. I find them interesting, but they do not appeal that much to me. Just the other day I was browsing the Internet and found more extreme ways of altering your body, some fo which I don't understand. I mean , I'm okay with subdermal implants, large nose flesh tunnels, but I can't understand eye tattooing (the process of coloring the white space of the eye), cutting your tongue in half and the last but not least I have seen was penis splitting. That's right, someone cut their one-eyed monster in two, and that goes beyond any of my understanding. It's kinda sick, actually.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #4526 by raka13
I have;
Top ear cartilage on my left ear
Two lobe piercings on my left ear
A lobe piercing on my right
An industrial on my right
A septum
A labret
Left nipple
Two apadravyas
One reverse Prince Albert
4 Frenum piercings

Piercings I have lost;
A skin diver (think microdermal, but not as bad)
2 frenum piercings (one migrated, one had an accident)
my right nipple (one bal came off, I didn't realise till the next morning, when it had healed over)

Tattos:
A bind rune for love on my left shoulder
An ankh on my right - based on the tattoo the girl I lost my virginity to had
A few ogham letters on my right ankle

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #4528 by Morgana
I have 2 tattoos so far. I have my husband's name on my upper left thigh, under a broken heart with a drop of blood. I got that when I was 18, and we had just gotten back together after a break-up (hence the broken heart). We're still together at 35, so it was a good choice. I also have a unicorn on my right shoulder-blade, just because I like them. It's done in shades of blue and purple and is very delicate. I get a lot of compliments on that one.

I'm planning more, but haven't totally worked out the details yet. I don't have any piercings, other than my ears... does that even count anymore?
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Morgana.

More
14 years 6 months ago #4531 by CorpseQueen
I'm really interested in human body-art. Don't know all that much about it, but have seen more on internet then the normal human, and so much I can think about doing to my own body...

Not much I believe I'll really do. Eye-tattoos have been a thought of mine for a long, long time, tho I didn't quite know they existed. Getting vampire-teeth, tattos, but piercings I'm not too sure about...

More or less, I want to turn myself into a monster. Not the scary kind with over 100 piercings, but a being that's almost human, but not quite. And mostly detais, such you don't notice when you see me in town, but when you get closer.

But that's mostly day-dreaming. So many friends and family wouldn't like it at all, they all say even as I discuss the most subtle change that I need to think about it for a few years before doing it...
The serious things I've planned out is a poem on my left thigh, a crow over my ribs (the side of my body, that is) and a piercing in one nipple. My boy doesn't like the last, tho it really sounds interesting to me (not the part where you impale your nipple, that scares the shit out of me, but the thing after).
A crow, because they are so beautiful, and almost as smart as primates, even tho it's just a normal town-bird most hate. The poem is one by William Yealts Butler, and it really tells the trouth about me and my stories... I'll probably have it in the beginning of my books as well, when I'm done writing them.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #4535 by morphea3107
planning on gettin a tattoo in the next 2 weeks...

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds