Show Navigation Menu

Ebay

More
14 years 6 months ago #4761 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Ebay
TrymBeast wrote:

janelle hell wrote:

If a seller asks you to pay any other way but through Paypal (ie: check, money order), not only is it against Ebay regulations, it's also a pretty sure sign that you won't get what you paid for.

There are other methods available to pay, and it's not against the Ebay regulations, you can see them here: pages.ebay.com/help/pay/methods.html
It only depends on what methods the seller supports.

But of course I prefer paypal.

Good to know! A few months ago, they (Ebay) were letting us (sellers) only accept Paypal as payment, I guess because it's easily track-able. Since I was happy to not have to accept checks (more than a few \"bad\" checks over the years) or money orders (can take awhile to get to me; problems cashing some of them) & have the excuse \"COS EBAY SAYS SO!\" if anyone asked, I didn't look any further into it. But is *is* good to know that some (legitimate) sellers accept other methods of payments, thanks for pointing it out :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8145 by AcroCake
Replied by AcroCake on topic Re:Ebay
I love eBay :) My best buy was a pair of Buddy Holly style glasses for a penny!
I sold on eBay for the first time almost a month ago, but my buyer still hasn't posted my feedback. Damn postal strikes (?)
A few weeks ago I noticed that the maximum postal charges have changed in certain categories, for example the highest P&P I can charge for shipping comic-books is £0.00.. Wha?

But all in all, it's great!
(eBay UK, anyway :P )

More
14 years 5 months ago #8147 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Ebay
Hell yeah! Ebay! I remember when I first got into ebay. I set up my pay pal account and went at it. You can get so many cheap things. I'm glad I have a fast computer too otherwise I wouldn't have won nearly as much stuff as before. I usually look for the cheap stuff that doesn't have too many people bidding on it. If there are more than 5 people bidding on one item I usually won't even try for it. Plenty of cheap stuff for sure though.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8150 by AcroCake
SkieShauphen wrote:

Hell yeah! Ebay! I remember when I first got into ebay. I set up my pay pal account and went at it. You can get so many cheap things. I'm glad I have a fast computer too otherwise I wouldn't have won nearly as much stuff as before. I usually look for the cheap stuff that doesn't have too many people bidding on it. If there are more than 5 people bidding on one item I usually won't even try for it. Plenty of cheap stuff for sure though.

Hehe, I love waiting near the end of the auction and bidding the highest amount! The adrenaline is good :laugh:

More
14 years 5 months ago #8151 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Ebay
Tell me about it. The trick is guessing what to bid above everyone else. I usually will bid about 10% of what the last bid was and I NEVER bid higher than what the item is worth. I've seen people pay $80 for a used video game on ebay when it's worth only $50 brand new at a retail store!

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8152 by AcroCake
Woah.. Plus postage and packing..

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds