Show Navigation Menu

Ebay

More
12 years 6 months ago #35229 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: GothAuctions vs Ebay
black_magnolia wrote:

I agree with Envy. You can't have both. Think like the buyer - they won't buy something second-hand for close the RRP when they can get it brand new instead for a bit more money.
The moment you remove the tags from an item you deduct it's worth. You can only make the RRP or above for rare, collectors items.

Be happy if you get 50%-60% of the RRP, or anything at all.

Very true - Lots of times I've completely ignored second-hand items that are listed as 'new without tags' for the 'new with tag' option that's only a few pounds more.

80% of the original RRP is a good target for anything you're selling that's completely unused. Other than that, you should expect 50% of the original RRP at the most really. It's why I love being a buyer on eBay. Everything's essentially half price! :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #35355 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: GothAuctions vs Ebay
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I agree with Envy. You can't have both. Think like the buyer - they won't buy something second-hand for close the RRP when they can get it brand new instead for a bit more money.
The moment you remove the tags from an item you deduct it's worth. You can only make the RRP or above for rare, collectors items.

Be happy if you get 50%-60% of the RRP, or anything at all.

Very true - Lots of times I've completely ignored second-hand items that are listed as 'new without tags' for the 'new with tag' option that's only a few pounds more.

80% of the original RRP is a good target for anything you're selling that's completely unused. Other than that, you should expect 50% of the original RRP at the most really. It's why I love being a buyer on eBay. Everything's essentially half price! :silly:

That's just it though, the clothes I have are not available anywhere else. I have a couple Lip Service dresses from a few years back that you can't find anywhere else. One that I have never even worn. My style has changed and now, I don't like them anymore. Finally, I ended up listing them on eBay since you're right, it does get way more traffic. The only thing I listed on GothAuctions was a pair of boots. I had originally paid $160 for it and it's brand new. I was hoping to get $100 for it since I never even wore it but it's ridiculously heavy and the shipping would cost a lot. Noticed that you can buy them overseas on eBay for about $135 so if I were to list it there, I would be out the fees plus, I would have to lower my price even more so I'd end up getting like $50 for it. Not worth it so if it doesn't sell on GothAuctions, I'll probably just have to keep it even if I don't particularly like it anymore. One cool thing about eBay is that you can see who is watching the item. My auctions end in a few days and a couple of them actually have watchers so hopefully they turn into buyers. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by firensia.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35359 by black_magnolia
Oh, the Lip Service items should sell well for sure. You can also post a link to your e-bay items here, maybe some people from here would be interested. ;)

Good luck with the sale! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35368 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: GothAuctions vs Ebay
black_magnolia wrote:

Oh, the Lip Service items should sell well for sure. You can also post a link to your e-bay items here, maybe some people from here would be interested. ;)

Yes, you should post a link! I'd be curious as to what you're selling.

And yup - Lippy items always sell for a load. :P

More
12 years 6 months ago #35372 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: GothAuctions vs Ebay
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

So far, I have only listed a few items but here is the link anyway:
www.ebay.co.uk/sch/nuit_immortalis/m.htm...&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

(That's for the eBay UK)

Anyone in the US should visit:
www.ebay.com/sch/nuit_immortalis/m.html?...&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 6 months ago #35373 by janelle hell
firensia wrote:

Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

So far, I have only listed a few items but here is the link anyway:
www.ebay.co.uk/sch/nuit_immortalis/m.htm...&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

(That's for the eBay UK)

Anyone in the US should visit:
www.ebay.com/sch/nuit_immortalis/m.html?...&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I love the all black LS dress! If it were my size, I would SO buy it!

Good luck with your auctions; as previous posters have mentioned, you should get good prices on your LS items...there's definitely a market for the discontinued pieces.

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds