Show Navigation Menu

Death Penalty

More
14 years 6 months ago #7503 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Death Penalty
I strongly agree with the death penalty. I'm just an evil bastard I guess. Hell, just a few minutes ago I was reading up on some of the most brutal torture devices known to man. None of them really disturbed me but I took some ideas from a few of them and made my own torture method as an idea of how I'd like to torture my first step-father. He was a sick, sick, person...and now I am even sicker but with an honorable sense about me at least. I was born in Texas and back there we had no problem lining up people for death row.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #7516 by TricksterShade
Replied by TricksterShade on topic Re:Death Penalty
to some extent i agree with death penalty. Some people commit serious crimes and deserve it.

More
14 years 5 months ago #7526 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Death Penalty
I've read the whole speech, Black_magnolia but it wasn't so effective on me I guess. I find too many words are used to express little things. And Skie, if you totally agree that doesn't mean you're evil. At a certain point I find myself strongly promoting the death sentence. But since I've got a bit of a fussy alter ego, I sometimes condemn it. I recently read in a newspaper about a convictee who was to be executed by lethal injection but somehow the execution failed and the reporter wrote something like \"the poor thing, they had to put the needle in him for 18 times becuase they couldn't reach the vein\" and crap like that. The poor thing! I think that he deserved much more after raping and killing a 14 year-old girl.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #7529 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Death Penalty
Zenith wrote:

I've read the whole speech, Black_magnolia but it wasn't so effective on me I guess. I find too many words are used to express little things.

I understand, common reaction to legal speech. You wouldn't even understand me if I started talking like that, and mind you, I can. *evil grin*

I can understand people saying that murderers and those accused of similar horrific acts deserve death, but what is with those who were wrongly sentenced (ergo they didn't do it)? Is it right to kill those people? Try imagining yourself in the shoes of someone on death row who hasn't done anything! Would you say it is justified to kill that person in the name of \"greater good\" because in most cases the accused had done it, so who cares if we kill a little number of innocents? Who are we to decide who dies and who lives? What is the difference between the state (representing the people) and that murderer? Don't we lower ourselves to their level if we do the same and take a life?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 5 months ago #7541 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Death Penalty
No, maybe that doesn't make me evil...but I think what does is that the series of books I'm reading right now. The main character was given a power of judgment. He's got a gift to see murders and crimes in people's eyes and he's compelled to kill them on their crimes but he can't kill an innocent. Why I think this book makes me somewhat bad is that I wish I had the powers he had. He was trained to kill from the day he turned 8 and on top of that he's got even more supernatural powers that make him faster, stronger, and he can become invisible and create illusions. He's a killing machine called the Night Angel.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #7566 by Lonecrow
Replied by Lonecrow on topic Re:Death Penalty
Here in Portugal that's not practiced..
Myself i'm one of those people who agrees with death penalty..
Some people should't be given other choice but that..
Unfortunately we know that sometimes the person in the death row is really innocent..
Justice sometimes is like that..

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds