Show Navigation Menu

It's Christmas Soon

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #36821 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: It's Christmas Soon
At my house, we celebrate sort of a cross between Yule and Christmas, with aspects of Saturnalia thrown in.

I've already started my Yule ritual, which will finish up on the night of December 21 (the sun moves into Capricorn, and the official start of winter, at 1:30 am local time on December 22). I won't go into a lot of detail about my ritual, but just say that it's a very special thing to me.

I have some vacation days to use up, so I'm off work for the week of December 19 to 23, plus the weekend and stats, so I end up with 11 days off in a row. My husband is off for some of that as well, which will be nice... it's been a long time since we've had vacation time together. We're not going away, but will just spend the time at home together... lots of booze, music and movies will be involved, I suspect!

The tree will be put up on December 22, and I do quite a bit of decorating around the house as well. I try not to go overboard with the plastic-y things, and keep it more natural-looking... berries, pinecones, greenery, etc. I bake quite a bit as well, all the old traditional cookie recipes that my mother and grandmother always made. I'd like to try making a fruit-cake some time, but it's quite expensive to buy all the specialty ingredients, and neither my husband or I really like it, so it seems a bit silly to make it.

I've already got all my cards mailed, which is my least-favourite part of the holidays... my hand writing is terrible, so writing out cards is always a chore! Presents are all bought, although not wrapped yet... but wrapping is the easy part. My husband and I set a budget, so as not to go overboard on spending. I've stuck to it pretty well, while still finding a couple of treasures that I know he'll love. I'm not really focussed on what I'll get, although I have given him a rather extensive Alchemy wishlist... but I'm more interested in his reactions to the things I've got for him.

I do hope we have snow for Christmas... and that's the only time of year I would wish for that! We've had a green Christmas the last several years though, and this year doesn't look like it will be any different... but you never know, there are stil 2 weeks to go, so anything could happen.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Morgana.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #36834 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: It's Christmas Soon
We already have snow here. Not a lot but still enough to make it look like Winter. I'm sure there'll be snow for Christmas. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 4 months ago #36882 by Prissy
Replied by Prissy on topic Re: It's Christmas Soon
I love Christmas time! On vacation til after New Years. Gonna prepare all the rest of the week. Family coming over. Gonna be lots of food and partying all week long til sunday.

ZOSO

More
12 years 4 months ago #36901 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: It's Christmas Soon
Stumbled across this on the net: www.deadlounge.com/xmas/gothicnight.html

:)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 4 months ago #36906 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

Awww! That's brilliant! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 4 months ago #36911 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: It's Christmas Soon
black_magnolia wrote:

firensia wrote:

Awww! That's brilliant! :)

Love it!! I know quite a few who would appreciate this too..Hehe. ^.^

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds